Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!! Viber????

Options
  • 05-03-2012 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi, hoping someone here can help, apologies if I am not in the correct Forum. (Mods,pls move as you see fit)

I just looked at my phone, a very old Nokia, that I only use for calls, texts and the odd photo...there is an unsolicited message (18.03 this evening) there saying :

Your Viber code is ****, close this message and enter the code into Viber to activate your account............

Is this something to worry about, I am with Meteor........

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Probably just a mistaken numbered entered, I wouldn't be worrying about it just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Indeed you are correct!! Apparently my daughter was signing up for some type of Video Calling via Facebook and typed in my mobile number instead of her own!! Hence the message/Auth Code:o

I knew I had not engaged any such service and am wary of such things.

Many thanks for your prompt response :)

P2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@Pandora2 -

Hi,
    As Davy suggested, this is a rare case that happens sometimes when people accidentally register to Viber with another person's phone number. Something like calling a wrong number ;)

Nothing to be worried about.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Any experiences with Viber free calls ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

paddyandy wrote: »
    Any experiences with Viber free calls ????
    Very good. Especially if both parties are in a wifi zone.
    Then it actually has better sound quality than regular calls my Samsung galaxy.

Do a search on boards for more info

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

thanks storm ....it's the hidden snags like they might hammer my credits and problems peculiar to dublin .Try Google Play Viber and comments . Problems .

Advertisement