Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterski/wakeboard Iniscarra dam cork

Options
  • 05-03-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi there
    Anyone know if there is a slip way open to the general public on Saturday? also is there anything to watch out for low level rocks etc?

I know there is a waterski club but i wanna bring my own boat!
    Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Which way would you be coming from? There is another Waterski/Wakeboard club which is on the Macroom side of the dams. It's called Carrig. You could try contacting them via their facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/CarrigWaterski?sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

cool thanks!
    any idea where to launch the boat and is the slipway steep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    cool thanks!
    any idea where to launch the boat and is the slipway steep
    I have no idea. I just know of the waterski/wakeboarding club. If you don't mind saying, what's the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

You could possibly use a slip about 30yards to the right of the rowing club.
    Its not very conspicuous so you will have to look for it.
    It is pretty steep and you wouldnt be allowed use the rowing clubs jettys due to insurance reasons.

I dont know if the club have exclusive rights to the resevoir but they have to open the barrier for you so ringing ahead might be on the cards,
    Ive used the resevoir for SUPin and there was no probs but as for powerboats I dont know if that would cause a problem.

As far as I can see the biggest problem would be swallowing the water there(VERY BLACK) so I reckon pollution may be a cause for concern.
    During my 3 hrs there I didnt see one fish jump.

Best of luck.

Advertisement