Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Banks

• 05-03-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I did a search and I cant find anything for it.

I am currently with AIB and have all my accounts with them except my mortgage.

I have a few different accounts with them- a current account, a few savings accounts and a joint account from which my mortgage and bills etc come out of. My credit card is also with them.

How hard is it to switch to another bank ? I get paid monthly and would be kind of scared that " what if the transition didn't run smoothly" and there was a problem with my mortgage or something.

Am thinking about switching to Permanent Tsb or Ulster Bank.

Has anyone any advice for me ?And how do ye find TSB and Ulster Bank?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Been with Ulster for 8 years - no problems. Free banking too.
    If you go with PTSB - you may end up back with AIB ...... there are rumours of PTSB being taken into state control.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

also switched to uslter bank last week, seem ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I did a search and I cant find anything for it.

I am currently with AIB and have all my accounts with them except my mortgage.

I have a few different accounts with them- a current account, a few savings accounts and a joint account from which my mortgage and bills etc come out of. My credit card is also with them.

How hard is it to switch to another bank ? I get paid monthly and would be kind of scared that " what if the transition didn't run smoothly" and there was a problem with my mortgage or something.

Am thinking about switching to Permanent Tsb or Ulster Bank.

Has anyone any advice for me ?And how do ye find TSB and Ulster Bank?

Thanks

Hi fluffy bunny,
    If you go into either New Bank you just sign a form & they do the entire switch for you, the only thing you need to do is tell your employer. It takes around 10 days in total before full switch takes place. You wont have any problem hopefully. :)

Advertisement