Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shop out in Maypark?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I went for a little spin out around Maypark the other day looking at a few houses that I'd seen on Daft, but one of the big things for me when it comes to a house is being within walking distance of a shop, just for the newspaper or the milk.

I couldn't see any shop anywhere around Maypark - it seems as if the nearest shop is over a mile away in Ardkeen shopping centre. There are loads of houses there, and clearly no shortage of wonga, so it's surprising there isn't a Spar or a Centra there to cash in. Does anyone know if there's a small shop there somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Ardkeen is the closest or the hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Was there not a Londis in the Brasscock Shopping Centre, in behind Oskars?! Don't tell me that's closed down an all! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

batm!ke wrote: »
    Was there not a Londis in the Brasscock Shopping Centre, in behind Oskars?! Don't tell me that's closed down an all! :(

No, but that is nowhere near maypark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a shop in Powerscourt and you can cut through to Kings Channel/Maypark Lane but I don't think it's much shorter than going to Ardkeen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

wellboy76 wrote: »
    No, but that is nowhere near maypark

Ah yeah, got Maypark and Ballinakill mixed up there, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Surely the shop in the hospital is the closest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

cococoady wrote: »
    Surely the shop in the hospital is the closest

I wouldn't call that a shop now to be honest. More like a corner that sells chocolate magazines and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

batm!ke wrote: »
    Ah yeah, got Maypark and Ballinakill mixed up there, lol :D

Ballinakill is near Maypark alright, But its Ballinakill Downs that is out by the Brasscock :D

Advertisement