Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for accomdation for job at Sir John Rogerson's Quay

Options
  • 06-03-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some assistance. I recently got a job in Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Ringsend, Dublin so in the process of getting accommodation in Dublin as I am not from Dublin or the Leinster area. Not being familiar with the area I would really appreciate any assistance that could be given regarding recommendations as to best area/place to live.

I am looking to rent a double room in an apartment/house within walking distance of the quay for work. I have a car so would also like some secure parking for such. I would like to be near some shops, pubs etc. As part of my job, I will also attending Blackhall to assist with my studies as a trainee solicitor.

Where in this area would be nice to live and come recommended? Please ask any questions on any information needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

There's a large number of apartments in the IFSC/Docklands area across the river from SJRQ - literally a 5 minute walk away. Living near the IFSC would also mean you are on the Red LUAS line, making it very handy for getting to/from Blackhall. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Amateur wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for some assistance. I recently got a job in Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Ringsend, Dublin so in the process of getting accommodation in Dublin as I am not from Dublin or the Leinster area. Not being familiar with the area I would really appreciate any assistance that could be given regarding recommendations as to best area/place to live.

I am looking to rent a double room in an apartment/house within walking distance of the quay for work. I have a car so would also like some secure parking for such. I would like to be near some shops, pubs etc. As part of my job, I will also attending Blackhall to assist with my studies as a trainee solicitor.

Where in this area would be nice to live and come recommended? Please ask any questions on any information needed.

SJRQ is not in Ringsend but in Dublin 2. This is important as due to the Grand Canal BAsin, there can be a lot further between the two than you might think. Lots of apartmnets on Pearse Street (Gallery Quay, the Wintergarden), Hanover Quay, SJRQ, Longboat Quay etc for you to look for a room. If you're staying in those areas, you'll likey need underground parking as there's little street parking. To get a permit for street parking, your car would need to be insured from that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Spencer Dock / Castleforbes Square would be the closest I could think of that would have all the requirements you listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to look in to all the suggestions now. One thing that omitted from my original question is that I am from Cork so would be great if I could live somewhere that would enable me to get to the Naas road without having to drive all around the city, when I wanted to head down to Cork! Any the above suggestion facilitate this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Amateur wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to look in to all the suggestions now. One thing that omitted from my original question is that I am from Cork so would be great if I could live somewhere that would enable me to get to the Naas road without having to drive all around the city, when I wanted to head down to Cork! Any the above suggestion facilitate this?

Across from SJRQ you wouldn't be that far from the port tunnel, which you can take to the M50 and out to the Naas Rd, in about 25mins or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Des wrote: »
    Across from SJRQ you wouldn't be that far from the port tunnel, which you can take to the M50 and out to the Naas Rd, in about 25mins or so.

About the longest route possible (so may not be comprehensible to a cute Corkonian) but I imagine the quickest at most times of day. Beware the €10 toll between 4 and 7pm plus don't forget the Westlink toll.

Advertisement