Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin Fonthill train

Options
  • 06-03-2012 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Looking to move home soon and was wondering about this station. What stations does it serve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Goes as far as Heuston in the City direction stopping at Cherry Orchard/Parkwest and as far as Kildare Town in the other direction stopping at Adamstown,Hazelhatch and Celbridge,Sallins,Newbridge and finally Kildare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

That's a pretty crap route, suppose can go to Heuston and get to where I need to go from there, thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's not that crap.

There is the 145 bus outside Heuston every 10 minutes to St Stephen's Green and out along the N11 to Bray, the LUAS to the Point Depot and the 25x, 66x and 67x xpresso services from St John's Road to Baggot Street and UCD in the morning peak, and the 25a/25b every 5-15 minutes to Merrion Square from the same stop.

There's also a decent car park at the station.

Train times are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cait87

the station is handy for peeps getting to the kildare town within minutes.

The place really is a ghost train station. It was meant to have lots of apartment buildings around, during the boom times but never happened. The porter at the station told me. I'd say its very boring when you don't see people that often too.

Advertisement