Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote control for central heating

• 06-03-2012 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone know whether there is a remote switch available for a domestic central heating unit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

I've seen this one advertised which is operated by text.

http://www.smscentralheating.co.uk/

I haven't used it myself though I'd be interested in what others think of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What has this got to do with enviromental science??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Environmental Science, then S&EI.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are losts of ways to do this.
    From a simple wireless push button & relay to X10 via remote or alarm system etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are losts of ways to do this.
    From a simple wireless push button & relay to X10 via remote or alarm system etc.

I have this and i use it all the time,
    also woodcommunication to a sim card unit for a reasonable price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

have used a heating contol system made by heatmiser lately. its usb programmable and is basically a remote control. you mount it somewhere in your house or keep it hand held the receiver unit goes at the boiler. the remote only takes batteries and works as both a time clock and thermostat and had over rides and holiday modes etc on it.

Advertisement