Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Would it be criminal trespassing if these door to door people refused to leave your property??

Would imagine that anyone asked to leave a private residence by the legal owner would be trespassing if they refused to leave.

The only exceptions to my mind would be the likes of the Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

wonder what'll happen when I refuse to answer their questions - I'm imagining that it'll be something along the lines of "have you paid your household charge?", "do you own your house", "who owns the house" "do you know if the charge has been paid", etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

<non mod mode>

Kess got a link to anything on the door to door stuff...id be interested to read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but has anyone actually seen the FAQ on what happens if you pay late?

https://www.householdcharge.ie/Faq.aspx#fk16

Am I reading it correct in that if I forget to pay for say 11 months the late payment fee + interest would come to a grand total of about €30? I mean seriously? The way the Ministers etc have been talking and worrying people, I thought the late payment fee would be hundreds!

I've suddenly become very forgetful!

<non mod mode>

Kess got a link to anything on the door to door stuff...id be interested to read it

<Replying in full God mode> :pac:

Yes I have a link, mortal.

Here. I now bestow it upon thee.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/council-staff-to-knock-on-doors-for-100-house-charge-3060116.html

Now sacrifice some cider in my name. Must be cider and not cyder though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kess73 wrote: »
    <Replying in full God mode> :pac:

Yes I have a link, mortal.

Here. I now bestow it upon thee.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/council-staff-to-knock-on-doors-for-100-house-charge-3060116.html

Now sacrifice some cider in my name. Must be cider and not cyder though :D

You forgot to type in GOD MODE

Mc Love wrote: »
    You forgot to type in GOD MODE

I did. If your eyes were unable to see it in any form bar basic text, then it was because you were deemed unworthy. :pac:

Advertisement