Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Language Question?

• 06-03-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Quick question.. might sound a bit silly.. Must you actually take a LC exam in a third language for college purposes or just be able to do some type of college entry test on that language? Answers appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

It depends on what course you want to do. If I'm not mistaken most universities require a language while most ITs don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

It depends on what course you want to do. If I'm not mistaken most universities require a language while most ITs don't.

I got that.. I was just wondering if the college requires you to take one of their exams or they want to see you did the LC exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

They want you to do the Leaving Cert exam for the language. I've never heard of any colleges asking you to do their own language exam.

And like Coeurdepirate said, it's only the universities (excluding UL) who require you to have a third language. Lots of science and engineering courses don't need you to have a third language either. :)

Advertisement