Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to not look a wreck after a wedding

• 06-03-2012 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to a wedding soon and the day after there'll be lots of hanging out with the group.

Thing is, the day after a wedding I look an absolute fright- a blotchy, dry skinned mess with bags under my eyes to rival aer lingus! Even when I went to bed at 1am at one wedding, was still the same the next morning.

I know the obvious solution is not to drink but... Anyone got any tips/ product reccies to avoid looking a total wreck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Drink lots of water and use eight hour cream by Elizabeth Arden before going to bed, clarins beauty flash balm and benefit high beam in the morning. The water should really help though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

dioralyte sachets are brill also - the water and flash balm should be a big help though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for the water. Lots before bed! I think a lot of how you look is how you feel! Try keep the hangover at bay.

Get a good make up remover and make sure you take off every last little bit. Less chance of dark eyeliner/mascara shadows or panda eyes from left over make up. Put on moisturiser before bed.

The next day maybe scoop your hair into a bun or pony. Make up wise you could try foundation, peachy blush and brown mascara. You don't want to look caked during the day time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Milk thistle is amazing ...had heavy weekend recently and bought some milk thistle on a recommendation from a friend..Its amazing..took the tablets after a meal on each night, and at breakfast and no hangover just felt tired after lack of sleep...was lovely and perky on the Monday which is usually my worst day...no horrible waxy skin etc..i think you can get it in a liquid form to add to water aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Chickus wrote: »
    Milk thistle is amazing ...had heavy weekend recently and bought some milk thistle on a recommendation from a friend..Its amazing..took the tablets after a meal on each night, and at breakfast and no hangover just felt tired after lack of sleep...was lovely and perky on the Monday which is usually my worst day...no horrible waxy skin etc..i think you can get it in a liquid form to add to water aswell..

Where can you find milk thistle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I got it in the chemist, it's a herbal remedy... Just ask at counter for it :). It works by assisting liver to clear toxins which our body struggles to deal with after drinking to excess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Chickus wrote: »
    I got it in the chemist, it's a herbal remedy... Just ask at counter for it :). It works by assisting liver to clear toxins which our body struggles to deal with after drinking to excess

Thanks for that! :)

Advertisement