Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Improve grades!! I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

• 06-03-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

I really want to get all A's and B's in the Junior Cert except for Irish and maths which I would do a cartwheel if I got C's in them.
    Note : I am doing; ENGLISH, IRISH, MATHS, SCIENCE, FRENCH, BUSINESS, WOOD, TG, CSPE -> all at Higher Level.

Mocks results. (haven't got them all back) I will will update them when I get them
    TG 72% (B)
    ENGLISH 88% (A) -> actually only A in Higher level English in my school!
    MATHS 44% (D)
    IRISH 34% (D)

I am basically looking at how you study effectively, keeping in mind I have only 3 months left!
    Also I would appreciate different subjects specifically.

What would be great.
    - Irish, Story and letter and reading comps(found them ****ing imposible) also listening help too, did terrible there.
    -Maths, revision tips.
    -English, How you are studying your poems, story and play?
    -Business, (generally good here) but how to keep on top of things.
    -Wood, I AM LOST AND HOPELESS HERE!!!
    -Science, Condensing the course? And learning the definitions
    -Geography, ITS A MASSIVE COURSE HOW DO I KEEP UP WITH IT ALL

NOTE I AM HOME AT ABOUT 4pm, I get about 1 - 1 1/2 Hours HW, On top of that I am willing to do 2 - 3 hours!

HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP IM GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

??????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

While it's great you have so many questions, don't expect an answer to every one of them.
    What do you expect people to say?

Stop flapping, you'll get nothing done while you flap.

Stop blaming other people, like your teachers.

Find what style of studying suits you best, organise your notes, make out a timetable and get to it.

Do every piece of homework between now and the exam as if it were an exam question.

Listen properly in class and do not leave a classroom still not understanding something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

0000879k wrote: »
    I really want to get all A's and B's in the Junior Cert except for Irish and maths which I would do a cartwheel if I got C's in them.
    Note : I am doing; ENGLISH, IRISH, MATHS, SCIENCE, FRENCH, BUSINESS, WOOD, TG, CSPE -> all at Higher Level.

Mocks results. (haven't got them all back) I will will update them when I get them
    TG 72% (B)
    ENGLISH 88% (A) -> actually only A in Higher level English in my school!
    MATHS 44% (D)
    IRISH 34% (D)

I am basically looking at how you study effectively, keeping in mind I have only 3 months left!
    Also I would appreciate different subjects specifically.

What would be great.
    - Irish, Story and letter and reading comps(found them ****ing imposible) also listening help too, did terrible there.
    -Maths, revision tips.
    -English, How you are studying your poems, story and play?
    -Business, (generally good here) but how to keep on top of things.
    -Wood, I AM LOST AND HOPELESS HERE!!!
    -Science, Condensing the course? And learning the definitions
    -Geography, ITS A MASSIVE COURSE HOW DO I KEEP UP WITH IT ALL

NOTE I AM HOME AT ABOUT 4pm, I get about 1 - 1 1/2 Hours HW, On top of that I am willing to do 2 - 3 hours!

HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP IM GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!

Okay chill! :L You just need to get organised.. :) Make a weekly plan hop onto some spreadsheet and write in everything you do and print it off.. Everything includes study time, school time, food time, breaks, training, spending time with friends..!! EVERYTHING!! And try to stick with it.. :P

For English you did great Well Done.. Just don't take it for granted keep up with it :) For your Paper 2 stuff... Try Shmoop (which I LOVE) or Cliffsnotes or something for notes there great! :D

TG you did ok.. Just maybe try some of the exam papers.. its like maths really PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!

Maths is really just Practice!! There is no real method.. its just all PRACTICE!! :L

For Geography and Science there are two Revision Books that are the best Investment You Will Ever Buy (Promise!!) Rapid Revision for Geography and Essentials Unfolded for Science! I have them and they are easily the reason i do good in those subjects!

Woodwork Im sorry... I am in definatly no position to give you advice because I'm D'ing myself! :)

For Business split this course into sections.. Business/Economics/Accounting and try to study one at a time! Business is most of the book. Economics is really just Economics Growth, Inflation, National Budget, Foreign trade, etc... Accounting is the basically the numbers and Business is the rest really!!

Advertisement