Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging Visa?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

I'm currently on a WHV, my employer has started the sponsorship process but it is unlikely to come through before my 6 months working for them is up in April. I've heard about getting a bridging visa to allow me to keep working until it comes through? Anyone have any experience or further information about this? Also I have booked a trip to Tasmania at Easter so can I travel on a bridging Visa also?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ask whomever is applying for the 457 to also apply for a bridging visa - I have heard mixed reports that these are automatic if you are near the end of your visa.

You can travel domestic on a bridging visa - but not international (well you can you need a reason though)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When does your working holiday visa expire?
    A bridging visa isn't so that you can continue past your 6 months. Its to bridge the gap between your WHV expiring and the grant of the 457. By default (Bridging visa A) you can't travel. But you can apply for the permission (Bridging visa B)

If you still have a valid WHV, then you don't have grounds for BV. Instead, contact immigration. Explain that you have currently lodged a 457 with [employer] and are seeking permission to work past the 6 month restriction if it is not granted at that time. Including a letter from company saying that you are a key member of paticular projects.
    Should be pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jred23

Thanks, my visa expires in August so ya I was just asking about it to bridge the gap between my 6months working and my visa coming through. I will ring immigration to see what the story is! I'll let ye know what they say!

Ok so I just need to send an application form request to work longer than 6 months from an employer with my visa application.

Next question... Is my CV, Uni cert and passport photo page sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in English? And is a medical examination/report required for this visa?

About health insurance cover am I right I just need to say covered by Recipricol agreement with ROI??

Thanks in advance!

Irish passport is fine for english proficiency.
    Medical exam not always required, depends on job. Eg hospital work will need one.
    Recipricol agreement covers health insurance

• Advertisement

Ok great thanks, do I need to show any evidence for the reciprocal agreement or just simply state covered by this agreement in that section?

I didn't state anything. They are aware that people from the Ireland, the UK, and all the other reciprocal countries are covered. It's prob a daily occurance for them

Thanks for that, fingers crossed now!

Advertisement