Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sometimes my wi-fi name disappears from wi-fi list and I can't go online

• 06-03-2012 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I enter settings, and there wi-fi. Choose a network comes up with the icon spinning even though my wi-fi is on, I know this because I can use my wireless desktop still, download speeds top notch. My wi-fi name completely disappears from the list.

The iPhone only (automatically) puts my wi-fi name into it's wi-fi list if the iPhone restarts, which is annoying cos I have not figured out how to restart my iPhone, I hold down the power button on very long but nothing happens.

Anyway, is there way for my wi-fi to work properly with my iPhone when this happens without restarting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

If you’re using a cable modem (UPC or other TV provider) and the wireless router is set to bridge mode, then the first device onto the network (your desktop?) gets the public IP address, and even though the network is visible to your phone, there are no IP addresses available.
    Check your router settings, and confirm that the wireless router is getting given the public IP address, and that it is issuing private IP addresses to the desktop and other client devices.

You restart your iPhone by holding down the Lock bitton and the Home button together until the screen goes black and until a silver Apple symbol comes back (ignore the Slide to Power Off screen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I'm using Eircom.

Advertisement