Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane to Cairns drive

Options
  • 06-03-2012 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are going to Australia in May and we are planning on driving from Brisbane to Cairns. Can anybody recommend a cheap company to go with to Fraser Island and Whitsundays?

Any recommendations for places to look out for on the drive from Brisbane to Cairns?

We are interested in hiring a campervan from Jucy rentals and doing the trip in 17 days. Are the campervans comfortable for spending this length in? Is this allowing enough time for the drive?

Any advice on these trips would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It depends on whether you want a bit of comfort or not. The Jucy are awkward in that you can't stand up in them. They are v tight on space. You wouldn't want a lot of luggage. The camper is worth the extra money. You can save by cooking your breakfast every morning and maybe having stuff in a fridge for your supper or even dinner. The Jucy only has an esky I think which is only really useful for keeping drinks etc cool. Just been able to stand up in the camper to change your clothes or do a few bits and pieces is a real plus.

Edit: you may be able to stand up in the Jucy, as some of them allow the roof to be expanded up.

See google images for pictures
    Britz and Maui do campervans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 clo1986

Thanks checked out Britz and they seem good. We will have to decide over the next few weeks who to go with.

Advertisement