Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who/what/which is the silliest thing you've ever apologised to?

• 06-03-2012 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

While it's five in the morning now, this actually happened much earlier on today. I was walking down the road, with my head in the clouds, when suddenly, a dog got away from it's owner.

It swerved right in front of me. Luckily, I wasn't speed-walking. I managed to come to an abrupt halt, but then I said to the dog, "Sorry man, after you."

I wouldn't mind, but I had the right of way.

So, AHers, as the title says, what is the silliest thing you've ever apologised to ?

Choco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I've nearly walked into mirrors a couple of times and apologised to myself. It was alright though because I apologised too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Apolagised to an ex for not getting her a birthday present when i had the week before bought her a very nice watch for her birthday.

Meh women

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Apolagised to an ex for not getting her a birthday present when i had the week before bought her a very nice watch for her birthday.

Meh women

Not to mention amnesia. Grrrr.

Not to mention amnesia. Grrrr.

Feckin' wimmin....

God, aren't wimmin great?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

A piece of chewing gum. A rubber band. And a spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Telephone pole. Bumped into one while walking down the street and chatting to someone. Immediately offered an apologetic hand and said sorry as I was turning to see who I bumped into.

The pole was grand, thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I apologized to an atm once whenit wouldn't give me money coz I had insufficient funds to make a withdrawal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

The stone man standing at the bar in Whelans. Bumped into the poor fella after a few too many & offered my profuse apologies. He was nice about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

To my psyche for putting it under undue stress (try and work that one out hehe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

When someone is standing in the way and I say sorry (as in Excuse me) instead of "Get the **** out of the way you inconsiderate bitch, why the **** do you think everyone needs to walk around you??? You're standing in an aisle!! Move your fat arse".
    There's a special place in hell for those pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I apologized to a clown after standing on his foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

While on work placement back in my college days I once apologised to a mad bint for a mistake she made.

Mad bint made a mistake. I sent an email out to clarify the procedure. Mad bint came in raving about making her look bad. After a few minutes calmly trying to explain the procedure to her, what mistake she made and how to avoid it, I realised she didn't care and was just going to keep yelling until I accepted the blame.

In hindsight, I should have said : "I'm only here for a few months - I don't care enough for this ****. Please fook off".

I don't think mad bint actually made a mistake - I think she was trying to jump the queue and didn't give a fook about the consequences or why there was a queue in the first place. Mad bint subsequently did quite well at that horrible place to work which exploits slave labour in asia. It's not all bad though - I recently heard she's taken a sabbatical because she has cancer. I love it when bad things happen to bad people.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The floor. I was in a nightclub and a lot drunker than the nicely jolly that I thought I was. I was dancing, I thought normally, but clearly really weirdly as doubled over and hit the floor. I apologised and bounced back up before I realised what I had done. It was really weird.

The song was Cornershop's Brimful of Asha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Reversing my car into a tight space, I bumped a low bollard with my towbar. I got out and asked it if it was okay. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

It's not all bad though - I recently heard she's taken a sabbatical because she has cancer. I love it when bad things happen to bad people.....

A bit extreme!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I apologise to my horse all the time, I think she now knows what 'sorry' means :rolleyes:
    I've also apologised to cars, doors, poles, general things I've walked into.

I'm also that person who will do this:

Them: "Hiya"

Me "Hiya how are you?"

Them "grand you?"

Me "Ah fine, you?"

Not really the same but it's still a :o moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I apologised to a so-called friend after she gave me a very public bollocking about spending too much time with my fella (who I barely got to see at the time, due to long-distance/college/work.) Basically she was a clingy control freak and I enabled her in taking out her issues on me. Should've told her to fcuk off.

I also apologised to my control freak of an ex-boyfriend ( funny how I keep running into the same people:rolleyes:) for getting drunk on my 18th birthday, because he was tee-total and had a problem with me "being p1ssed" (in reality, I probably only drank 2 Blue WKD's or something). It kinda ruined my 18th and I should've told him to fcuk off, too.

I also do the socially awkward penguin thing of apologising to random objects that I bump into on a daily basis. I'm one of those people that gets told to stop apologising for everything and responds with "I'm sorry.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Acacia wrote: »
    I apologised to a so-called friend after she gave me a very public bollocking about spending too much time with my fella (who I barely got to see at the time, due to long-distance/college/work.) Basically she was a clingy control freak and I enabled her in taking out her issues on me. Should've told her to fcuk off.

I also apologised to my control freak of an ex-boyfriend ( funny how I keep running into the same people:rolleyes:) for getting drunk on my 18th birthday, because he was tee-total and had a problem with me "being p1ssed" (in reality, I probably only drank 2 Blue WKD's or something). It kinda ruined my 18th and I should've told him to fcuk off, too.

I also do the socially awkward penguin thing of apologising to random objects that I bump into on a daily basis. I'm one of those people that gets told to stop apologising for everything and responds with "I'm sorry.":D

And as for that duck....

*rolls up sleeves*

Advertisement