Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone started booking flights for xmas?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys, just started looking at flights home for xmas.
    Emirates and Etihad are up at near $2800 for 21/12 - 11/01. Pretty damn expensive.
    Iv looked at a few other options and can get it down to possibly <2400 with KLM & Malaysia airlines.

Anyone try the air asia route?? Pretty cheap to get to kuala lumpar and then you can get to London pretty easy but will probably have to stay overnight in KL?

Anyone have any experiences of this?

Id love to get a flight sub $2000 but this looks unlikely!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I'm not planning that far ahead just yet but just to let you know - Air Asia aren't running that route any more:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/airasia-suspends-flights-to-london-paris-in-costcutting-effort-20120113-1pych.html

i flew with air asia, darwin to Singapore and stayed overnight in singapore - was awesome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bakedalaska

Yes I know they have cancelled there flights to london which definately limits options. Air Malaysia also fly from KL to london which doesnt work out too bad.

You also can save a few extra bucks if you fly on xmas eve/day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My friend book her flights about this time last eyar. I waited and booked later on, around september.
    I saved about $600

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Currently looking at prices and I can get there and back from Perth for about $1800 which isn't bad at all considering I'm going mid Dec to late Jan.

Air Asia to KL then someone else, Air Malaysia I think it is, to London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

If You can also look at going a little earlier in Dec. Flight prices tend to jump signiicantly for flights from about the 14th Dec onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just found a pretty sweet flight option for anyone going from Perth.

Perth to Kuala Lumpur return with Air Asia is $580 pp including taxes, then KL to Dublin return with Etihad is just over $1k pp. Makes it about $1650 max return which is super considering there's one stopover and the last time I went back (Christmas 2010) I paid roughly $2.2k pp.

Dates are Dec 15 to Jan 25.

Advertisement