Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volume issues with iPhone 4

• 06-03-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I've recently noticed that when listening to music on my iPhone the volume level is very low (even though it is up full) for anything up to the first 40 minutes and then all of a sudden it comes back to normal and plays fine until I switch it off again. This happens with several sets of headphones and when connected to my car's aux port and I don't have any volume limits etc set in the music settings, I'm also running iOS 5.01. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

All iPhones/iPods in the eu have to have a lower volume limit by law. You can change this if you are jailbroken. Use icicle or similar and go to /system/library/PrivateFrameworks/mediatoolbox.framework and scroll down to regional volume limits.

By default it's set to read only so change it to read/write/execute and everything is set to .83 change it all to 25 and then make the file read only again or else a new plist will be generated with the lower volume

The issue with it getting louder is strange. I noticed before that if I changed the setting for lock sounds it would get louder momentarily

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Thanks but don't think its the EU sound requirement that's causing the problem as when the volume kicks in it is loud enough (for me anyway). The best way to describe what I'm experiencing is the volume is up full but for whatever reason the sound level is about 50% of full. If I leave music playing it decides "hold on, I'm at max volume, I need to pump up the gas" and it plays at 100%.

I might try do a full reset, if that doesn't work I'll get on the Apple/Meteor as it is still under warranty.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

RDMH wrote: »
    Thanks but don't think its the EU sound requirement that's causing the problem as when the volume kicks in it is loud enough (for me anyway). The best way to describe what I'm experiencing is the volume is up full but for whatever reason the sound level is about 50% of full. If I leave music playing it decides "hold on, I'm at max volume, I need to pump up the gas" and it plays at 100%.

I might try do a full reset, if that doesn't work I'll get on the Apple/Meteor as it is still under warranty.

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

Something similar happened to me when listening to music and using Runkeeper. Runkeeper tracks my running/walking and every 5 minutes (or whenever I decide) tells me my pace, average speed, etc. However, whenever I played music (which I always do when walking) the volume was very reduced if runkeeper was running also.

Could it be some other app running which makes sounds/music similar to my problem?
    In my case, to fix it, I've stopped using RunKeeper. Music/podcasts are more important to me. ;)

Advertisement