Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Lightroom 4 released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

And it presently selling for £99.00 on Amazon.co.uk athough its not in stock just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is that full version or upgrade price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EyeCake

Adobe US Online price
    Full $149
    Upgrade $79
    but it won't let me buy
    Have to wait for € ?

The EU prices -
    Full - €134.07
    Upgrade - €76.26

Go to Adobe.ie (and make sure to set the country to Ireland at the bottom).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

downloaded the trial version and using it now. Not mad about the new sliders. I'm not really familiar with their workings and the algorithm seems to recover the highlights almost instantly which I dont like. It's quite flawed. I do like the new adjustment brush settings though which allow much more control.

Just my 2c

Well, I've been using Lightroom 4 now for a week, and I love it. I find it much improved for processing. I actually like the new Whites/Blacks sliders and they work well for me.

Like anything else, it takes time to get used to. I think a 4.1 will be along in a month or so, but I do like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I upgraded the other day, really like the new functionality but it's really slow. I'm using it on a MacBook Pro with 2nd LCD attached. Almost unusable slow. LR3 is etill running a lot faster on this machine, so hopefully 4.1 will address whatever speed issues I'm having - I'm not alone, there are loads of people griping about its slowness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

My PC has unfortunately dated over the last few years and I doubt it would handle 4 so I won't bother.

Hugh_C wrote: »
    I upgraded the other day, really like the new functionality but it's really slow. I'm using it on a MacBook Pro with 2nd LCD attached. Almost unusable slow. LR3 is etill running a lot faster on this machine, so hopefully 4.1 will address whatever speed issues I'm having - I'm not alone, there are loads of people griping about its slowness.

Yeah, I found it a bit slow too, so hopefully 4.1 will fix that. The more who complain about the speed issue, the quicker Adobe will release a fix (I hope).

But on the positive side, I love the new functionality. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

I'm impressed by the beta and just ordered my copy. Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive. The beta version still seems to be working, so i presume it's the end of March when it stops working?

Advertisement