Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXT From FreeMsg

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi there, last evening I got two texts from 'FreeMsg'. One was telling me I was entitled to free credir and the other was a link. I assume these are spam and if I click the link I will be robbed of everything they can possibly take form me. I cannot reply or send stop to the sender as it is coming in the form of a data message so there is a globe where the number should be.
    Does anyone have any experience of this and how it could be stopped? I am on the vodafone network.
    Thanks,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what website is linked, I suspect this is the O2 scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

I have actually deleted the message since so not sure what the web site was. What is the O2 scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    what website is linked, I suspect this is the O2 scam.

Sounds more like 'fone club' to me, where you get credit but they take your credit in a subscription more so than the O2 hacking.

Advertisement