Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad in Spain.

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Thinking of going to the Alicante region of Spain in april/may for the summer to play in some of the very many Irish bars there could do with a couple more to accompany me like banjo/fiddle/whistle/guitar etc,to form a group (which is sadly lacking there) the moneys not great like you won't get rich but on the other hand everything is really cheap there and the sun ohhhhhhhhh the sun .SO if ye play and love the auld ballads and willing to take a chance give me a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fayco

Did you ever do this? I am thinking of doing so but would need a kick in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mariatchi

yeah did it several years it's good craic .just one or two things to remember .1 always keep enough cash for a flight home,watch the booze it's cheap and in most cases free and lots of it,get a an apartment of your own independent of any gigs ye get (about 250euro to 300 a month) one gig a week should cover that.after that just normal common sense applies and ye'll get on fine.I'll pm you my phone number if ye want any more info

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roguery

I play guitar, mandolin and sing. Might be interested in trying this out short term if I lose the gig I already have in Dublin.

Roguery wrote: »
    I play guitar, mandolin and sing. Might be interested in trying this out short term if I lose the gig I already have in Dublin.
    Hi Roguery ,Thanks for your interest but we've booked the ferry and the hotels in France & Spain and we leave in two weeks (not much time for you to get sacked from your gig lol) .I suppose we could have made the drive in 15 hours but sure might aswell make a few overnight stops along the way ,have a few scoops play a few tunes ye know yerself.
    By the way if you are thinking of doing something or going somewhere Why wait to loose a gig why not just give it up and then maybe ye'll get it back ,We're giving up four regular gigs a week to go ,Just because we want to . Anyway the best of luck and Thanks again for your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭policarp

Hola Mariatchi,
    Will be on the Costa Blanca for the second 2 weeks in May.
    Do you know if you will be playing anywhere near Torrevieja?
    Would love a bit of craic. . .

• Advertisement

Hi Policarp,yeah i'll be there then playing in a few bars, not sure of the days or times till I get there so I've PM'd my Spanish mobile to you so when you arrive ye can give me a bell .If you're anywhere near Katie Reilly's in the Rioja centre, between la zenia and villa martin
    Saturday night 9-30 is a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭policarp

Thanks for the PM Mariatchi.
    Will give you a buzz when we get there next month.
    BTW what kind of group have ye assembled?

just meself and the box player so far ,but ye'd never know who'd turn up over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Katie Reillys is a good spot for a session. had plenty there in the past!!

Katie Reillys is a good spot for a session. had plenty there in the past!!

Yeah it sure is ,had many a good night there I can tell ye and hope to have many more SOON please God.

• Advertisement
Advertisement