Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting point on Rent Supplement from Singles Parents group

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think she means a large house with 5 or 6 bedrooms ,where a group get together and agree share the rent ,egthere could be 3 single mothers living in 1 house .ITS probably not practical in ireland where most single mothers rent a 3bed house under the ra scheme.
    Landlords usually like to get 5 or 6 individual tenants ,than try and rent a large building to a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think lacha means a large house with 5 or 6 bedrooms ,where a group get together and agree share the rent ,egthere could be 3 single mothers living in 1 house .ITS probably not practical in ireland where most single mothers rent a 3bed house under the ra scheme.
    Landlords usually like to get 5 or 6 individual tenants ,than try and rent a large building.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lacha

daltonmd wrote: »
    When you say co housing do you mean setting up communities?

Hi Daltonmd and all,

Thanks for your reply. I meant sharing houses to share resources but am also interested in communities. There is a lot happening community-wise in the UK but seemingly nothing in Ireland. Are you interested? You could pm me if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/0504/1224315590112.html

This is what SPARK warned about and were told they were scaremongering. It is going to really start hitting people over the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

sophia25 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/0504/1224315590112.html

This is what SPARK warned about and were told they were scaremongering. It is going to really start hitting people over the next couple of months.

So what do you suggest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement