Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to be external student?

• 06-03-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'm repeating and on the verge of being kicked out for horrible attendance to my french class. Besides the point they told me if i was kicked out i probably wouldnt be able to apply as an external student? and to sum it all up i basically can't sit my leaving cert at all if they kick me out. my attendance isnt bad except for french because i feel my time is better spent actually studying other subjects than just doing comprehensions for the next 3 months when we finished the french course in december.

If they do decide to kick me out is there anything i can do? i registered for my exams during the winter and i have my exam number and everything else and my school rool number aswell as having paid to have my pres this month. so whats happens about that if im expelled? i wouldnt mind studying at home since we basically finished all the courses and it would save me money on transport, but does it really mean im 100% fecked if they just leave me out?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Email entries@examinations.ie and ask them.

I think you are too late to register as an external yourself for French (because of the oral element), but if you have already been registered to sit the exams by the school, then moving you to a different centre is not the end of the world for the SEC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

spurious wrote: »
    Email entries@examinations.ie and ask them.

I think you are too late to register as an external yourself for French (because of the oral element), but if you have already been registered to sit the exams by the school, then moving you to a different centre is not the end of the world for the SEC.

well ya but that would still be applying as an external student wouldnt it, what i dont get is if they kick me out im not a student of the school anymore so it takes me off their system which pretty much makes it so that the exam number is useless since it was given to me as a student of the school which i wouldnt be anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, the SEC system is nothing to do with the school.
    If you have been entered to sit the exam, the SEC can move you to another centre. It happens all the time, when people get sick and sit exams from hospital etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

spurious wrote: »
    No, the SEC system is nothing to do with the school.
    If you have been entered to sit the exam, the SEC can move you to another centre. It happens all the time, when people get sick and sit exams from hospital etc..

So if i got kicked out, and they wouldnt let me sit exams here because "its too late to be an external student" then your saying i could still sit the exams elswhere since i have an exam number? only thing i dont understand is how that still doesnt make me an external leaving cert candidate.

I am saying contact the SEC now, explain your situation, give them your number and ask can you sit it in another centre.

I don't see what relevance being called or not called an external candidate has, if you want to sit the exam, I'm telling you what to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement