Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding in Tulfarris

Options
  • 06-03-2012 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi There
    We have booked Tulfarris in Blessington for our Wedding in May 2013. We were told it was in NAMA. Is that a good or bad thing? I really don't know whether it is or not.
    Really want to get married there as it is amazing!!!!

Any advice?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Hi There
    We have booked Tulfarris in Blessington for our Wedding in May 2013. We were told it was in NAMA. Is that a good or bad thing? I really don't know whether it is or not.
    Really want to get married there as it is amazing!!!!

Any advice?!

Lovely venue. I got married there.

Advice; do NOT pay a cash / cheque deposit. Pay a deposit by credit card, or better yet no deposit at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I shot a wedding there two weeks ago and it was superb, I didnt hear it was in NAMA but talking to the manager on duty (very helpful) they had 102 weddings booked for this year.

0C23E8886BEB4758AB48F4097A92DB62-0000314346-0002744150-00800L-0754DD40A78A493DB965C261E3B41281.jpg

9FDF1DAFB52F4FDBA7AF6C549DE3DB0F-0000314346-0002744629-00800L-4B16A8A903C54B5B9AF331F43DB6DC36.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 katemurphy85

LOVE the picture of the Reception.
    I was told last night it was in NAMA, but if they have that many wedding booked, I don't think I will worry so much.

They are all so nice and down to earth in Tulfarris and very Helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

As far as I know Tulfarris has been in NAMA for a while and due to this is being run like a tight ship and seems to be a a very good, competetive business now so I would expect it to continue being so. I would, however, heed the advice on paying the deposit by credit card or as small as possible as these are uncertain times.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi OP!

I have my wedding booked in Tulfarris for september next year and was a bit wary about it at the start but i loved the place so much took the risk and booked:o we paid a deposit by credit card and dont intend handing any more over until the wedding happens.
    from what i hear though they are in nama since 2009 and are still going strong.We were told they were only refurbished a couple of years ago too.im told they are doing well on the wedding front too. We were up there this past weekend for another look around with friends and the place was buzzing with people all over it golfers,residents in the hotel and we ate lunch in the bar as well and that was fairly busy too so id be fairly confident now things will be fine!they were also doing some upgrading work on the golf course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 katemurphy85

Do you mind me asking how much deposit you paid? So I know where to stop. I don't have any guidance on the whole wedding front and don't want to be left in the lurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Im booked for 2 weddings there next summer.

Definitely one of the better spots.

Do you mind me asking how much deposit you paid? So I know where to stop. I don't have any guidance on the whole wedding front and don't want to be left in the lurch.

Pm'd you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 woodison

Hi guys, I am also very keen on Tulfarris and am strongly considering booking it for my wedding in Aug 2013. The receivership thing is a concern but all we can do is take precautions like only paying as small deposit as possible, paying by cc & having insurance in place.

Just on a separate point, can I ask whether any of you guys managed to negotiate the price with them at all? I am reluctant to pay the mains choice fee and would like to get that written off at the least. Any thoughts/experiences greatly appreciated!

hi Woodison!

We picked out our package with them and then made a few swaps and suggestions and went back to them again to see what they could do.We gave them an esitmated number of guests and they then went away and came up with a deal based on a set number of people which we were quite happy with.They are willing to move so dont be shy and just ask ,I was soooo nervous about doing this when we first started out but its all anybody kept telling me was never accept first offer,ask,all they can do is say no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Places in receivership are safer... they've already gone bang and now the banks own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm thinking of Tulfarris and have two concerns.

1. The Manor House is very segregated into 4 rooms, plub the bar down a corridor and outside. I'm concerned the reception will be very segregated. There's 150 of us. Any ideas?

2. Similar problem on the after dinner front. The room can hold 250 sitting, so I'm thinking it will feel quite empty with 150 standing with the second room open.

Anyone been to weddings there and know the size? Everything else there is fine

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Tulfarris and have two concerns.

1. The Manor House is very segregated into 4 rooms, plub the bar down a corridor and outside. I'm concerned the reception will be very segregated. There's 150 of us. Any ideas?

2. Similar problem on the after dinner front. The room can hold 250 sitting, so I'm thinking it will feel quite empty with 150 standing with the second room open.

Anyone been to weddings there and know the size? Everything else there is fine

If you pick any venue in the country with 2 rooms where the bar is not in the main room you'll have that problem. So if you want everyone in the same room all night, might not be the ideal venue as good as tulfarris is.

Some people like that though, being able to wander around at the bar without much noise. each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

True, some people may like the space.

I just worry that for the after-dinner, the bar being in a seperate room (albeit with dividers removed), you'd struggle to get people onto the dancefloor. The only venue I've ben to so far with a bar in a seperate room was Seafield in Wexford, and found the room far too big.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    True, some people may like the space.

I just worry that for the after-dinner, the bar being in a seperate room (albeit with dividers removed), you'd struggle to get people onto the dancefloor. The only venue I've ben to so far with a bar in a seperate room was Seafield in Wexford, and found the room far too big.

That seafield room is massive although I was there late last year an I thought the bar was just off the main room now.

Theres quite a few venues where the bar is in a separate room, same problem in every one, crowd either dancers or drinkers, doesnt matter how good the band are. band do have to work harder to get people on the floor and keep them there but sometimes people just want to sit outside and drink.
    Id suggest dont mistake that for people not enjoying themselves though.

TBH, tulfarris isnt the worst for that as at least people can look in from the bar and come in if they want, other places much worse where bar is other rooms altogether.

Advertisement