Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked access

• 06-03-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm not totally sure if this is the right forum for this so if not please move.

I have been using OpenDNS for several years, never had a problem, and have been using it with ripplecom for the last year or so. However in the last week or so I have been getting blocked when accessing certain sites - facebook and twitter for example and I get a warning along the lines of "Access to this site has been blocked by Brothers of Charity Southern Services, contact your administrator". All I can think of is that Brothers of Charity Southern Services must, at some time have has the IP address I have now and they must have blocked certain sites. I have contacted ripplecom and filled in the contact form on OpenDNS but nothing has happened. Any suggestion on how I should proceed with this? I am now using google dns which is OK but I would prefer to use Open DNS.

Thanks.

Advertisement