Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting paid into someone else's account?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My friend just started a new job. They will only pay him into his bank account.
    Problem is, he doesn't have one.
    He has asked me if he can get paid into my bank account while he is sorting out proof of address for a bank account of his own.
    Is this legal?
    Note: Trust is not an issue, we've known each other our whole lives.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

I wouldnt see any problem with this at all

Your friend, who is getting paid, is perfectly entitled to have his pay put into whatever account he requests on the mandate form. There is nothin illegal or fraudulant about the activity. When he has his own account set up he can fill in another mandate to have the account changed... a friend in need...is a friend indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iamjohno

Thanks.
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, just wanted to be sure, you know, in case I become Taoiseach one day and end up like Bertie.

Advertisement