Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a €20 Debenhams voucher for €10

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

has anyone used these yet?
    What is it a code that you give in to the assistant in-store when you pay?
    I never heard of the site before. Is it legit?
    OP, how do you know the voucher lasts 1 year? I looked but couldnt find the details
    No.
    No, it should be a print-out with a code.
    Yes.
    The expiry date is visible in the t&c.

The promotion seems to have been extended an extra day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thanks.

Just to let ye all know the Debenhams sale ends this Sunday according to the ad on tele.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stickybean wrote: »
    Tweeted this yesterday - 2 friends bought it - so set up a second account and bought it again - (once 3 people buy the deal from your referral link you get it for FREE) - so paid €10 got €40 :D

Did that go through for you using the same card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

still not got mine. only got it because of the sale and because I was in Dublin all day today.
    Won't be using that website from the op again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Hogey007 wrote: »
    still not got mine. only got it because of the sale and because I was in Dublin all day today.
    Won't be using that website from the op again.

It specifically says in the T&C that vouchers will be available on Friday 9th March

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

still not got mine. only got it because of the sale and because I was in Dublin all day today. Won't be using that website from the op again.
    It's not my fault they extended the promotion and delayed the sending out of vouchers from the 8th to the 9th! You can complain to livingsocial about them altering the dates.
    You'll have a chance to use it for the next eleven months anyway.

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's not my fault they extended the promotion and delayed the sending out of vouchers from the 8th to the 9th! You can complain to livingsocial about them altering the dates.
    You'll have a chance to use it for the next eleven months anyway.

wasn't having a go at you, i was having a go at the website.
    Cheers for putting up the link to begin with and for those with a debenhams near them it probably doesn't make much odds but i got it on the basis that I'd have it at some stage today.

Yeh it's not a total waste as i'm sure i'll be in Dublin again in the next 11 months but didn't really have much to spare this week so didn't appreciate Livingsocail "moving the goalposts" without even an e-mail so therefore wouldn't use them again.

It specifically says in the T&C that vouchers will be available on Friday 9th March

it specifically said in the T&C when I purchased it that it'd be available Thursday 8th March

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Get a refund I'd say or send me on your voucher. :pac:

we bought 4 :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone know if you could use more than one voucher at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

it specifically said in the T&C when I purchased it that it'd be available Thursday 8th March
    Just want to back him up. It did say that. Also anybody know about the using more than one on one purchase? Also I have a ten percent off voucher from an email. Pmme your email if you want it and I will send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

VoucherS arrived :)

€40 worth cost me €10 - happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Living Social offer good deals but they seem to store your personal info in their database & share it with other parties which I wouldn't be comfortable with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

FYI if anyone is signed up to the Debenham's emails you get an extra 10% off when you present the email in store!
    Edit:
    Sorry posted before I read Raoul's email above

used 4 vouchers today, took them about half an hour to sort it at the till, in the end we could only use three together and 1 on another purchase for some reason. Still, they were accepting them all together in theory in one purchase. Forgot to bring 10% off email.

Got 115e of stuff for 40e anyway, great deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I bought 3 using my credit card - one for myself and the other 2 for my mam and sister on accounts I set up for them.
    My Mam and Sister got their's yesterday and have printed them off ready to use but when I logged in to my email yesterday- I got message from living social saying that they wouldn't be sending me my voucher as I had used my card multiple times.
    Not a happy bunny- I've emailed them about it but I don't think I'll have much luck :(

Ouch, we used our card twice each and got away with it.

Ouch, we used our card twice each and got away with it.

I think once it's used over twice they catch you. I used it four times and got two vouchers but caught on the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

yeah that sounds about right the first two were fine- it was just the third one they stopped- ahh well I'll know better in future

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

i brought my vochers to the shop today but they only accepted one per transaction, thats what the manager said, the till girl didn't know how to do it at all.
    how could you use three together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

i brought my vochers to the shop today but they only accepted one per transaction, thats what the manager said, the till girl didn't know how to do it at all.

Seemingly I got 3 of my friends to purchase through my link so I get mine for free, still says €10 on my receipt though. Will I just not be charged?

They can put them through if they want, the people I talked to put them through. Probably depends on the manager you get. Had somebody on the till that didnt know what she was doing, she brought up a young girl that was a supervisor, and she put them all through for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I don't recall a one per transaction mentioned in the terms and conditions though I guess if Living Social have standard 1 per person it is covered by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

@stripeysocks85

I'm in the same position as you....plus I can see the debit pending on my bank account. I will be RAGING if I am charged as I went to a fair bit of trouble to get friends to buy. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Just so people know, I used 2 vouchers today with no issues in Henry Street

I used henry street as well when I used mine all together

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Just an update....

I was charged 10 euro but it was immediately credited back to my bank account so very happy with that and fair play to Living Social.....20 euro to spend in Debenhams for nothing. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Warning to all; you cant use the mobile voucher version. You have to have the print out.

But you can use it on anything. I got a duvet that was 70% off and then had my voucher too! :D

Ye wouldnt mind this deal again, it was great, saved 75 euro and just after moving house. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement