Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmw 525i e39 won't start! Any ideas?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey! I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I was driving my bmw 525i 2001 on the road and came to a traffic light. The rev indicator normally stays just below 1000rpm when in idle but it kept stalling, down to zero. So I thought i'd stop the engine and restart it again. With no luck, it wouldn't want to start again. So i pushed it out of the way as i was causing too much traffic. I checked the fuel indicator, still have a quarter of a tank left, the battery is working properly, as all lights come on, checked the belts to see if any have snapped but they were fine. Also checked the engine oil to see if i was low but it was grand. I was driving it for a month before as i just have bought the car and nothing like this has happened before. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

Advertisement