Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband after UPC

• 06-03-2012 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping someone can help, I'm looking into cost saving measures at home, had UPC TV & BB and got rid of the TV and got Sky installed, but I underestimated (misread the small print more like :eek:) how much standalone BB would be. I will now be paying €43.45 a month for my BB, its 25mb.

I'm wondering can someone recommend another provider? I love the speed of my connection at the mo, but saving money is more important so I will switch if possible. I use it for Xbox Live and just surfing the net. But there is also and iPhone and iPad in the house connecting by WiFi. I'm not too technically minded but I would assume these all run well as the speed of UPC and will prob be slower with someone else yeah?

I should also point out I don't have a home phone if that affects a new provider, and that I'm in Waterford.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

batm!ke wrote: »
    Hi guys, hoping someone can help, I'm looking into cost saving measures at home, had UPC TV & BB and got rid of the TV and got Sky installed, but I underestimated (misread the small print more like :eek:) how much standalone BB would be. I will now be paying €43.45 a month for my BB, its 25mb.

I'm wondering can someone recommend another provider? I love the speed of my connection at the mo, but saving money is more important so I will switch if possible.

Sorry to burst your bubble but UPC is about the cheapest there is. You could drop down to the 20Mb/s profile and save even more. I think that profile is €30 (in total) or so.
    All the DSL providers have to pay line rental which is 26 per month before you get any services at all.Then you add the cosst of whatever service you need, voice or broadband.

The next best thing is fixed wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

bealtine wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but UPC is about the cheapest there is. You could drop down to the 20Mb/s profile and save even more. I think that profile is €30 (in total) or so.
    All the DSL providers have to pay line rental which is 26 per month before you get any services at all.Then you add the cosst of whatever service you need, voice or broadband.

The next best thing is fixed wireless.

Thanks for the quick reply! Woah, I really thought Vodafone or someone would do something cheaper! I assumed UPC were more expensive as they had the fastest speeds! I may look into the 20mb/s so. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Take the phone with UPC and that knocks off a bit from the bill,you never have to use it,I know a good few who do that and don't even have a phone in the house.

Advertisement