Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon tea

Options
  • 06-03-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice in Cork city or county that does afternoon tea? Proper afternoon tea with the tiered stands and all that jazz!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ludo wrote: »
    +1
    Think the river lee hotel do it now too (jury's) but I think Hayfield manor is like the real real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hayfield is "the real deal" - but expensive. I was there last year and as I'm dairy free, I couldn't have the afternoon tea spread that my friends were enjoying and had to have an expensive beef sandwich instead. :( But the experience there is wonderful. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Judes wrote: »
    Hayfield is "the real deal" - but expensive. I was there last year and as I'm dairy free, I couldn't have the afternoon tea spread that my friends were enjoying and had to have an expensive beef sandwich instead. :( But the experience there is wonderful. Enjoy.

dairy free but tuckin' into a beef sandwich, brilliant.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

The Maryborough in Douglas do it too and the garden room is lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

dairy free but tuckin' into a beef sandwich, brilliant.:D

No dairy in the bread? I doubt it.

Hey guys I'm just avoiding all milk products be if from a cow/goat/sheep in my diet these days (and scrutinising packs to avoid whey etc. ) but I'm not a vegetarian. So yes, the beef was allowed (and yummy) with no spread on the bread. And a lot of bread is made with just salt/water/yeast - some with Oils. (I try and stick to the likes of focaccia breads and won't touch soda bread now which is made on milk).

So now I'm feeling miserable thinking of all the cheese and cream I can't eat, I'm being reminded of those scrummy looking cakes I could only dream of eating when at Afternoon Tea. Thanks forrest :mad: (Ah well, it's teaching me a lot about dairy free cooking these days - food is lighter and just as tasty). Or so I'm trying to tell myself :)

Check out city hotels there may be other places doing Afternoon Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Hi all. Very interesting thread. I don't mean to hijack it but I see from their website that Hayfield Manor also do a Gluten-Free Afternoon Tea.

Hmmm! Must take OH there to check it out! I'd love to hear from someone who has actually tried it.

Hi again - was in Metropole yesterday and they have Afternoon Tea listen on their menu. So that might be worth checking out. J

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Thanks a mil everyone, didn't expect to get so many replies, have loads of options now!! Good excuse to try them all out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement