Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TOR] Guild Summit

Options
  • 06-03-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

So if you haven't been paying attention, Bioware invited a bunch of guilds to a Guild Summit yesterday and today with lots of interviews etc. They are live streaming it, but DH has a decent summary here.

Some interesting stuff, the legacy system in particular has been fleshed out a lot:
    Reach level 50 with a species will unlock other species for other classes.
    Level 50 with a species and you unlock all variations of that species across both factions.
    Complete Chapter 2 and unlock class emote and apply that to your buffs.
    Complete Chapter 3 and unlock Heroic abilities.
    Example: complete Chapter 3 with Sith Warrior and unlock Force Choke on your other characters.
    Jetpack unlockable as a short duration sprint for Bounty Hunter, other classes receive rocket boots.
    The concept of unlockables seems fun, but it does make me wonder if to min/max your character you'll pretty much need to have a 50 of every class. Given that they mention later that mirror classes have different unlockable abilities, that pretty much means you'll need 8 level 50's to unlock everything, which is going to take a while....

[edit] Apparently it's only available as part of the 'heroic moment' ability, which I suppose solves that problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thanks for posting i was not aware of this, some interesting reading. Will need to look into it later tonight when i am at home.

Are all these items coming in 1.2 or is this a plan for this year?

Just on your last point i think from what you are saying these new abilities will only be available at a heroic moment point which means that it wont really help min/max as the ability is not on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Calhoun wrote: »
    Are all these items coming in 1.2 or is this a plan for this year?
    It varies, some of it is just the general plan for SWTOR in the future, but a lot of the legacy stuff will be in 1.2.
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Just on your last point i think from what you are saying these new abilities will only be available at a heroic moment point which means that it wont really help min/max as the ability is not on demand.
    Well the 'Heroic Moment' abilities are the abilities that specifically require your companion to be present and are on a long cooldown. Naturally the companion requirement means it's not usable in WZ's or Ops, hence it's limited to open world stuff or <4 man flashpoint runs. IMO that suits it pretty well. It turns it into a fun addition that makes levelling alts slightly easier without throwing balance out completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, that's exactly how my thought process went. Think they nailed it, to be honest, because what the legacy system should always have been about (imo) was making it easier to level alts.

Can you change your legacy name? i see some people with the stupidest names and if not they are stuck with them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Was asked at the summit:
    Q: plans to allow rename/legacy system? A: we don’t have an automated system in place right now, maybe something in the works soon. Right now you will have to contact a CSR.

• Advertisement

lol at all the people that have really stupid legacy names but i suppose you can hide it :).

Advertisement