Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cost of increasing mic?

• 06-03-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I am looking into increasing the mic on an energy account. The current mic is 70 but i have noticed that the MD for december bills can go to 71or72kVA. I cant find the relavent information to tell me how much it would cost to increase the mic. A pdf from the cer said that increases were subject to a new connection fee but i looked into these charges and they tend to be a few thousand euro. Does anyone know how increasing the mic is charged? Is it a standing charge, or charge per kVA increase, or standing charge+charge per kVA increase, and what are the numbers on these?
    cheers,
    YoungLooney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi YoungLooney,

The first thing you would need to do (if you haven't already done so) is check with your electrician before making any changes to your MIC. There is a form to fill out (called the NC3) that needs to be sent to ESB Networks.

After the form is filled out, ESB Networks will prepare a written quotation for you. There is a fee involved for this. Networks always advise the customer of this.

As well as an initial fee, there would be an increase in charge per kva also. The price per kva of MIC is currently €0.0769/kva/per day.

The standing charge would remain the same.

ESB Networks would always discuss this with the customer. Please also see the following link:

ESB Networks Increasing Supply

Hope this helps. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Hi YoungLooney,

The first thing you would need to do (if you haven't already done so) is check with your electrician before making any changes to your MIC. There is a form to fill out (called the NC3) that needs to be sent to ESB Networks.

After the form is filled out, ESB Networks will prepare a written quotation for you. There is a fee involved for this. Networks always advise the customer of this.

As well as an initial fee, there would be an increase in charge per kva also. The price per kva of MIC is currently €0.0769/kva/per day.

The standing charge would remain the same.

ESB Networks would always discuss this with the customer. Please also see the following link:

ESB Networks Increasing Supply

Hope this helps. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

David.

Hey David,
    Where on the ESB network site can we get the current price per kva of MIC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Heavydawson,

I put your question to our colleagues ESB Networks and they advised there is no set answer to this, it is dependent on the individual customer. So they recommend contacting them directly (they do not have a presence on Boards.ie). Here is their contacts page.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A 2kv penalty breach is cheaper than paying an extra charge every month for having a higher MIC. With good energy management you should be able to prevent the breach.

Advertisement