Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Garlic Potatoes and Chicken?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi all,i want to cook a meal for my wife but my cooking skills are fairly basic.Any suggestions for chicken breasts and garlic potatoes.She only eats chicken so that cant be changed.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Try Dauphinoise Potatoes.

You could also try slicing into chicken breasts, fill it with Mozarella cheese and a mustard filling and then wrap that in bacon. Just as the chicken is nearly cooked, put some cheddar cheese on top and make it melt.

Would be nice with some asparagus on the side... or other veg.

You said your OH only eats chicken? So you could leave out the bacon if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Is it a pre prepared pack of garlic potatoes or you're thinking about garlic spuds as a side dish for the chicken?

If the latter heres an idea for limited chefs like myself and yourself. Brown the chicken in a pan, quarter the potatoes then bung all into a crock pot or cassarole dish mixed with carrots mushrooms and onions (you could add garlic if you wish). Then top with a packet of chicken chassuer and leave in the oven for about 1 and a half hours.

One pot does all and tis tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Make the breasts thinner by slicing in half, or flatten them with a mallet.

Drizzle some lemon juice on them and then dust them in a mixture of flour, thyme, salt, pepper or whatever herbs you like.

Heat up some oil (about half as deep as the meat is thick) in a pan and fry the breasts. Should take about 5 minutes or so, don't forget to turn them a few times.

Potatoes can be similar - par boil for a few minutes and then fry them up chip/crisp style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement