Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem in switching to eircom

Options
  • 06-03-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello

Last week I went though the web form to switch from vodafone to eircom for landline, BB and call bundle, received a confirmation email ( as I thought ) and expected a follow-up email outlining when I could expect the transfer to go through. This email did not arrive, and today when I rang the support number, and having been switched about to 3 different people, none of whom could help, the conclusion is that there appears to be no record of my request. The last person that I spoke to told me "your application must not have gone through" and that I should go to the site "webmaster.ie" to "send them an email, 'cos they look after the on-line applications".

"webmaster.ie" looks like a static dead page with no reference to eircom.

To say that I'm not impressed would be an understatement. I'm not sure if this is really what I want to do after this series of bumbling events.

Millix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

millix wrote: »
    Hello

Last week I went though the web form to switch from vodafone to eircom for landline, BB and call bundle, received a confirmation email ( as I thought ) and expected a follow-up email outlining when I could expect the transfer to go through. This email did not arrive, and today when I rang the support number, and having been switched about to 3 different people, none of whom could help, the conclusion is that there appears to be no record of my request. The last person that I spoke to told me "your application must not have gone through" and that I should go to the site "webmaster.ie" to "send them an email, 'cos they look after the on-line applications".

"webmaster.ie" looks like a static dead page with no reference to eircom.

To say that I'm not impressed would be an understatement. I'm not sure if this is really what I want to do after this series of bumbling events.

Millix

Hi Millix,

Thanks for your post and apologies for your experiences. I can assure you that this is not the norm and that Customer care are helpful and trained professionals.

The online help for Submitted Online Forms should be addressed to : webmaster@eircom.ie

I apologise if this was not clear.

In general, when applying for a broadband /or phoneline order online, you will be prompted to enter your details and then apply payment, etc. You will then receive notification that your order is complete. A further email will be sent to you outlining your order status. If you did not receive any notice and if Customer Care advised that they don't have a record, it is possible your order was not processed. If your order was not completed then you may need to apply for this again :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

Otherwise, re-send this query, along with your correspondence here on Boards to : webmaster@eircom.ie

Avail of savings online :

To avail of further savings complete your order online :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

If you have any problem with this or would prefer to speak directly with a Broadband Sales agent, please call :

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 - freefone

Sales will be able to advise you on your order. They will also be able to place the order for you directly there and then.

Let me know immediately if you have any problems with setting up your phoneline /broadband bundle after checking the above.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭millix

OK Thanks - I will try this - I will advise if further issues, and will be glad to update this post as well if all goes smoothly ..

Millix
    Hi Millix,

Thanks for your post and apologies for your experiences. I can assure you that this is not the norm and that Customer care are helpful and trained professionals.

The online help for Submitted Online Forms should be addressed to : webmaster@eircom.ie

I apologise if this was not clear.

In general, when applying for a broadband /or phoneline order online, you will be prompted to enter your details and then apply payment, etc. You will then receive notification that your order is complete. A further email will be sent to you outlining your order status. If you did not receive any notice and if Customer Care advised that they don't have a record, it is possible your order was not processed. If your order was not completed then you may need to apply for this again :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

Otherwise, re-send this query, along with your correspondence here on Boards to : webmaster@eircom.ie

Avail of savings online :

To avail of further savings complete your order online :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

If you have any problem with this or would prefer to speak directly with a Broadband Sales agent, please call :

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 - freefone

Sales will be able to advise you on your order. They will also be able to place the order for you directly there and then.

Let me know immediately if you have any problems with setting up your phoneline /broadband bundle after checking the above.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭millix

just another little wrinkle on this saga - I didn't take any action since my last post ( too busy etc etc ) but today I got an e-mail from dcooke3@eircom.ie; on behalf of; onlinewinback@eircom.ie.

is this a valid email ? It raised some spam flags but the links seem genuine. My email address was not in the To: field

=======================================================
    From: dcooke3@eircom.ie [mailto:dcooke3@eircom.ie] On Behalf Of onlinewinback@eircom.ie
    Sent: 08 March 2012 10:16
    Subject: Eircom Winback
    Importance: Low

Dear Customer,

In reference to your recent request to switch back to eircom.

Unfortunately, we are unable to switch over your calls and broadband as the account number you provided was invalid. Please contact your current provider to obtain your correct account number (UAN) and then reissue your order, If you have any queries, you can ring our freephone number 1901.

Alternatively, you can visit the eircom connect support forum www.eircom.net/eircomconnect

The eircom connect support forum is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers:

Easy to use self help video tutorials
    Access to online support for ‘Top customer queries’
    Ability to ask eircom and fellow customers questions and queries
    Visit www.eircom.net/eircomconnect your one stop shop for all your service and support queries.

Kind Regards

The eircom switch team

Please note that this is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

eircom Limited. Private Company Limited by Shares. Registered in Dublin. Registration Number 98789. Registered Office - 1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin

Advertisement