Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing permanent ban on Commutung and Transport

Options
  • 06-03-2012 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

One month ago, I was permanently banned by Chris, the moderator on Commuting and Transport. I would like to ask:

1. If we exclude the bannings and infractions given by Chris, in my defence, my record as a poster since 2005 is relatively clean.

2. If it is possible to have the ban lifted, considering the heavy handed style of that particular moderator?

3. If other moderators on that section have any particular objection or wish to extend or reduce my ban further?

To state emphatically that I was incorrect and made an error of judgement in posting what I did, but that the response was completely disproportionate, in my attempts to negotiate a reasonable settlement.

Regards

Dermo88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I look at that and feel you deserve a long ban. Give it a month and come back again, if you've been on good behaviour until then we'll discuss it with the forum moderators and see if you can be left back in.

Your record isn't clean by the way, you've several bans from Politics from multiple mods and 8 cards since 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Have to second nesf's position there.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Thank you for your assistance. So in a month you may consider?

I'm afraid to state it's like dealing with a bunch of 3 rd world civil servants, unfotunately, at least I have the option of dangling a 50,000 banana note to get what I request.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dermo88 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to state it's like dealing with a bunch of 3 rd world civil servants, unfotunately, at least I have the option of dangling a 50,000 banana note to get what I request.
    You should really close your mouth before you put the other foot in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I know. Its tongue in cheek. Politically incorrect. But its one avenue to show mild contempt for the system that unjustly barred me, and many others over the past months.

Time will expose the moderator involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement