Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Port to N4/M4

Options
  • 06-03-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I am arriving in to Dublin Port at 19.15 on Thursday Evening. I am considering taking the port tunnel to M1/M50 roundabout and then along the M50 to the Galway road. Is this a long way of getting to the Galway road or would it be quicker than going along the quays and out past Heuston, Palmerstown etc in view of the evening traffic. Is the M50 likely to be equally as busy at this time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

19:15 on a thursday. The m50 and city should be fine. If your Driving past the O2 venue though keep an eye out to see if there is a gig on. That might throw a spanner in your works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    Is this a long way of getting to the Galway road

yes, much longer distance, but probably not much difference in time because of slower traffic along the quays.

If you go along the quays you avoid the 3 euro toll in the tunnel and then another 3 euro toll on the m50

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

James. wrote: »
    yes, much longer distance, but probably not much difference in time because of slower traffic along the quays.

If you go along the quays you avoid the 3 euro toll in the tunnel and then another 3 euro toll on the m50

Thanks, James. It had occurred to me that it was a bit silly wasting €6 for the sake of possibly saving 15 minutes. Not much point buying and driving a car all the way from London to save some money if I am going to go around wasting it at this end!!

Advertisement