Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLLEGE HELP!!!!!

Options
  • 06-03-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, i want to do a course in software development and i wanted to now which college is the best for this type of degree and also if i do a games development course will i be able to work in non-game related software development careers??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Lots of people say DCU's computer applications is the best software development course. It has a high drop out rate though as lots of people take it and don't know what there getting themselves in for.

By games development I assume you mean programming. In which case you're probably have more luck in a non-games course for other jobs. Most of the same content, the extra subjects in a games course (like 3d, audio, writing etc) isn't really needed for a career as most large game companies would have employees who specialse in those areas.

Advertisement