Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Irish arrested among leaders of Lulzsec

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

token101 wrote: »
    These lads will be caught if they tried that. I'd nearly guarantee it. Their pics are everywhere! Where are they going to go anyway? Realistically now, and remembering this isn't a film. They'd have no life. They'd be better off riding out the storm and trying this legally.

That is true, but the passports being taken away would probably be of little deterrent.

They would be better riding the storm out as you said, and doing a Mitnick as the Trinity guy was apparently attempting to do before he was caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

That is true, but the passports being taken away would probably be of little deterrent.

They would be better riding the storm out as you said, and doing a Mitnick as the Trinity guy was apparently attempting to do before he was caught.

He still served 5 years though! That's still a lot! I doubt these lads will get 20 years tbh. Probably 6/7 each and deported back to Ireland to write books and run a security business. If they had any f***ing brains they'd have called Sony or some security firm and told them they'd found this loophole and made a killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So is they're being charged in Ireland, they'll be jailed here? Surely they won't still be extradited to the US after that? That would be f***ing ridiculous in fairness.

Nope its fairly standard and not just a US thing.
    You allegedly commit a crime in multiple countries then you can face charges in one country, serve a sentence and still potentially be extradited elsewhere afterwards to answer similar charges (or a different angle of the charge).
    Don't commit crime kids. Definitely don't commit crime in more than one jurisdiction simultaneously.

Nope its fairly standard and not just a US thing.
    You allegedly commit a crime in multiple countries then you can face charges in one country, serve a sentence and still potentially be extradited elsewhere afterwards to answer similar charges (or a different angle of the charge).
    Don't commit crime kids. Definitely don't commit crime in more than one jurisdiction simultaneously.

I can't see them being extradited after that sentence tbh. I really can't see them serving 20-30 years for this, or even more than 5 for that matter.

At least he has a wikipedia page now, he can show his mates in the prison library:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donncha_O%27Cearbhaill

He still served 5 years though! That's still a lot! I doubt these lads will get 20 years tbh. Probably 6/7 each and deported back to Ireland to write books and run a security business. If they had any f***ing brains they'd have called Sony or some security firm and told them they'd found this loophole and made a killing.

That was a different time. I have no idea what these lads actually did, or even if it will matter much because maybe they will be made an example of anyway.

Sony would not have listened, read into Sony around the time the attacks started happening they had not got a clue. Not to say what they did was right fully either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Stupid kid. He's flushed his whole life away for "the lulz".

I disagree.

This "kid" will be given a highly paid job working for the FBI / CIA etc..
    etc...

that's if Microsoft don't get their hands on him first as always :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

lolsex was a better name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I disagree.

This "kid" will be given a highly paid job working for the FBI / CIA etc..
    etc...

that's if Microsoft don't get their hands on him first as always :rolleyes:

Thats what hollywood would have you believe, but take Gary Mckinnon. He has been sat on the dole doing nothing but smoking benson and hedges and worrying for the last 10 years awaiting an extradition judement. Its all very well saying "oh he will get a good job", but its not always the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭GombeanMan

I cannot understand how students from University, where they ususally are quite bright, can commit such high profile, high damage crimes on the most aggressively policed country in the world, fail to cover their tracks, then wonder what all the fuss is about?:confused:

These guys have no common sense, and I fear this will be used against them by US Authorities. If you commit pages and pages of crimes along with 700,000+ worth of damage, what the feck to you expect to happen? They were playing fire with the Federal USA Government. That is just asking for your asshole to be served to you on a plate. Sorry. Gah. What a waste :(

syklops wrote: »
    Thats what hollywood would have you believe, but take Gary Mckinnon. He has been sat on the dole doing nothing but smoking benson and hedges and worrying for the last 10 years awaiting an extradition judement. Its all very well saying "oh he will get a good job", but its not always the case.

Mitnick and those other high profile criminals were US citizens. They were still treated like muck. That can't help one bit. "Foreign Terrorist" is worse than "Domestic Terrorist" in their eyes:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

GombeanMan wrote: »
    I cannot understand how students from University, where they ususally are quite bright, can commit such high profile, high damage crimes on the most aggressively policed country in the world, fail to cover their tracks, then wonder what all the fuss is about?:confused:

These guys have no common sense, and I fear this will be used against them by US Authorities. If you commit pages and pages of crimes along with 700,000+ worth of damage, what the feck to you expect to happen? They were playing fire with the Federal USA Government. That is just asking for your asshole to be served to you on a plate. Sorry. Gah. What a waste :(

When you grow up on the internet you build a barrier between what can hurt you and what can not. Some feel invincible behind the monitor (applies to nearly any computer related social behaviour) and of course it's always far from the truth.

They ll be punished and rightly so and the world moves on. If anything it's yet another carbon copy of how the FBI catches these "groups". Most will save their own back if it means selling everyone else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

One of those young men is 19 and from Offaly. They say he's one of the five leading experts in his field in the world, so I hope we now hear less cracks about Big Ignorant Fcukers From Offaly. Keep him in Ireland. We need lots more gifted people like him.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    One of those young men is 19 and from Offaly. They say he's one of the five leading experts in his field in the world, so I hope we now hear less cracks about Big Ignorant Fcukers From Offaly. Keep him in Ireland. We need lots more gifted people like him.:):):)

well he WAS being ignorant to the law.... biffo status remains applied :D

Friel wrote: »
    Probably up there with the stupidest comparisons I've come across. Robbing a bank and hacking a website with credit card details aren't even remotely similar. One is significantly easier, exactly why security should always be a priority for online services, and in Sony's case, it wasn't. Like I already said, I don't agree with them stealing the info they found.

And yes, unless 3,474,254,621 (as of 18:31:13) people support Anonymous, I'll be in the minority.

Also, US Special Forces have no reason to be in Syria. Maybe they should sort their current f*ck ups before they begin another. People in the US have a right to know where their money is going.

Do you think Wikipedia replacing their homepage with a page directing it's users towards a site aimed at airing their grievousness against SOPA/ACTA is enough to halt the treaties? You my friend, are the delusional one. Like I said, it was a number of factors, and I believe that Anonymous' actions were one of those reasons.

So because it's easier and online that makes it different? Robbing a bank is fairly easy, you walk in with a gun you steal what you can. Hacking, you come up with a script and steal what you can. Theft is theft. If anything, they strengthened the case for tighter internet security by showing that there are cnuts out there who will just steal for the hell of it.

And the 3.5 billion, they'll all join you on your protest march will they? Send me a photo of the 3.5 Billion of ye and I'll believe you!

Most of what I've read seems to be of the opinion that these lads deserve to be charged, albeit not the prospective sentences. These lads were doing this long, long before SOPA or ACTA became the dominant issue. They were doing it for the craic and the excitement, don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. They hacked Fine Gael long before any of that. Wikipedia, Boards, etc made thei own, legal protest; there's no comparison there. These guys are hardly Bond villains, but they still commited a crime and should be punished.

So because it's easier and online that makes it different? Robbing a bank is fairly easy, you walk in with a gun you steal what you can. Hacking, you come up with a script and steal what you can. Theft is theft. If anything, they strengthened the case for tighter internet security by showing that there are cnuts out there who will just steal for the hell of it.

And the 3.5 billion, they'll all join you on your protest march will they? Send me a photo of the 3.5 Billion of ye and I'll believe you!

Most of what I've read seems to be of the opinion that these lads deserve to be charged, albeit not the prospective sentences. These lads were doing this long, long before SOPA or ACTA became the dominant issue. They were doing it for the craic and the excitement, don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. They hacked Fine Gael long before any of that. Wikipedia, Boards, etc made thei own, legal protest; there's no comparison there. These guys are hardly Bond villains, but they still commited a crime and should be punished.

Agreed. Just because you don't agree with a company, that does not give you the right to break into their systems and cause absolute havoc on a global scale over a petty "wrong" in this case for instance, the refusal of paypal to process wikileaks credit cards as one example. It's criminal trespassing and damage. Had they just broken in and not caused any damage, little would have come of this. They didn't have that foresight though. Idiots.

It's not an excuse WHATSOEVER. It's no different to breaking an entering in a physical location. Anytime you access remote servers on the private side, not the public facing port 80 side, you are infact within their jurisdiction as far as I am concerned. These lads knew well what they were doing was highly immoral. The book will be thrown at them I am afraid. The FBI takes this **** very seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/fbi-irish-duo-are-top-hackers-186280.html

I know one of those guys vaguely. Im in NUIG as well. Bit surprised to say the least...

MadYaker wrote: »
    http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/fbi-irish-duo-are-top-hackers-186280.html

I know one of those guys vaguely. Im in NUIG as well. Bit surprised to say the least...

Good article. With that number of accounts stolen along with the criminal damage, I fail to see how the Judge won't screw them over. These guys are looking at serious jail time. I just hope they aren't sent to guantanamo for their own sake. Bad thing here, is that there are no excuses/ real mitigation for what they did. They should have fled long before the **** hit the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Considering the FBI / CIA etc caught them, I'd wonder why they would even need them. They clearly have quite a big talent pool already!

The Gardaí could definitely do with some IT gurus though!

Solair wrote: »
    Considering the FBI / CIA etc caught them, I'd wonder why they would even need them. They clearly have quite a big talent pool already!

The Gardaí could definitely do with some IT gurus though!

US Judges won't see it that way. I can assure you of that unfortunately. Real Security experts don't go around breaking into systems and causing havoc. I would not classify these "hacks" as real skill either. If they are so confident in their programming ability, they could have just hacked legally on projects and uploaded to the web. Real Hackers don't do this kind of crap. It's not advanced enough. If they are so great, why didn't they hack the Linux kernel or develop an advanced Computer Algorithm Instead? This is not genuine talent I am afraid. They even got caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

What are you talking about 3.5 billion people and me going on a protest? Can you read? You said I'm in the minority. I said of course I am, unless 3.5 billion people support anonymous.

They may of been doing this long before SOPA/ACTA, but I didn't support what they were doing then. I support them because of what they do to retaliate against SOPA/ACTA. That alone. I don't agree with everything they do, especially not when it's for the "lulz".

And yes, robbing a bank is "fairly easy". Spot on.

• Advertisement

Good article. With that number of accounts stolen along with the criminal damage, I fail to see how the Judge won't screw them over. These guys are looking at serious jail time. I just hope they aren't sent to guantanamo for their own sake. Bad thing here, is that there are no excuses/ real mitigation for what they did. They should have fled long before the **** hit the fan.

They aren't poor Muslims. That won't happen. They'll do 5/6 years I would say, if they're extradited at all. It's not all cut and dry that these things will just happen either. I'd say this will take years and years to play out.

Friel wrote: »
    What are you talking about 3.5 billion people and me going on a protest? Can you read? You said I'm in the minority. I said of course I am, unless 3.5 billion people support anonymous.

They may of been doing this long before SOPA/ACTA, but I didn't support what they were doing then. I support them because of what they do to retaliate against SOPA/ACTA. That alone. I don't agree with everything they do, especially not when it's for the "lulz".

And yes, robbing a bank is "fairly easy". Spot on.

Well it's hardly difficult is it? It doesn't require an in depth knowledge of code! Criminals who don't generally hold PHDs are able to do it regularly enough! You walk in, show a gun, scream for money, walk out. If I was a criminal I'd imagine I'd have more luck robbing a bank than stealing credit card details with scripts, being that I'm not a hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Well it's hardly difficult is it? It doesn't require an in depth knowledge of code! Criminals who don't generally hold PHDs are able to do it regularly enough! You walk in, show a gun, scream for money, walk out. If I was a criminal I'd imagine I'd have more luck robbing a bank than stealing credit card details with scripts, being that I'm not a hacker.

Well I'm not a hacker either, but I'd give myself a better chance of successfully hacking a website than I would robbing a bank. But if you find robbing a bank a walk in the park, then hats off to you, Mr. Ocean.

Eh, there's nothing to rob in most Irish banks :D

They were cleaned out several years ago.

They aren't poor Muslims. That won't happen. They'll do 5/6 years I would say, if they're extradited at all. It's not all cut and dry that these things will just happen either. I'd say this will take years and years to play out.

My hole. Muslim or not, the Federal USA Government considers them as Terrorists for all the wrong reasons. The USA isn't like Ireland, when you commit a crime, you actually serve a full prison sentance! None of this suspended sentance crap. With that amount of evidence, a plea bargain is probably out of the question too. They don't take kindly to foreigners compromising their Federal national security, among other crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

My hole. Muslim or not, the Federal USA Government considers them as Terrorists for all the wrong reasons. The USA isn't like Ireland, when you commit a crime, you actually serve a full prison sentance! None of this suspended sentance crap. With that amount of evidence, a plea bargain is probably out of the question too. They don't take kindly to foreigners compromising their Federal national security, among other crimes.
    Wrong, as usual, The USA has suspended sentences, parole, probation etc.
    But sure if the truth won't fit...just make something up!

it also has the highest incarceration rate per 100,000 people on the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Documents filed in court in New York allege that the hackers:

· Compromised an FBI computer

· Hacked US security firm HB Gary Inc and stole confidential data relating to thousands of users

· Stole confidential data on over 70,000 potential X Factor contestants in the US

· Attacked the website of US network PBS and stole personal information of 2,000 employees

· Attacked finegael2011.com hosted in Arizona and uploaded code that defaced the website

Wondering how serious this is. Anyone else reading this thinking sofa king what? Put the words ''hacked'' and ''attacked'' into a sentence in the news in Ireland generally means something like this.........
    Hundreds of people, including children, attending a confirmation ceremony in Co. Mayo were confronted with scenes of violence today when a group of men carrying slash hooks stormed the church.

Federal bureau for over reaction me thinks. Save yourselves a fortune America. Ring Donncha's Da and tell him to kick him in the hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Good luck to the lads. They are a credit to their generation. Glad to see not all todays generation of students are self obsessed sheep. They have my full support fwiw.

• Advertisement

He posted in the Development forum a while back about a "cross platform app, don't want to get into the details" and that is seeming a lot less innocent now.

btard wrote: »
    Good luck to the lads. They are a credit to their generation. Glad to see not all todays generation of students are self obsessed sheep. They have my full support fwiw.
    Yup, fair play to them for being criminals, would it have been fair play if it was your details that had stolen in their various attacks?
    I hope they get the max in the supermax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

lividduck wrote: »
    Yup, fair play to them for being criminals, would it have been fair play if it was your details that had stolen in their various attacks?

Yup lets see can they hack the max, nuisances really.

This Lutsec thing is to big, I don't think this will be swept under any carpets, the FBI will scream international cyber terrorism, I think they have a very serious chance of been extradited.

Part of me doesn't want their lives destroyed, they are only kids and although they did cause business and tax payers real economic damage, they never benefited from it, so it was more vandalism. But they had to know the risks, or did they, did they think themselves to smart to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I hear Bruce Willis will be coming over to escort them to the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Yup, fair play to them for being criminals, would it have been fair play if it was your details that had stolen in their various attacks?pe

To people like you and the establishment they may be criminals. To others they are freedom fighters. I couldn't give a **** who's details they stole. It's immaterial and not what this is about. They will never spend a single day in an american prison for this. Even if they do there are plenty to take their place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

To people like you and the establishment they may be criminals. To others they are freedom fighters. I couldn't give a **** who's details they stole. It's immaterial and not what this is about. They will never spend a single day in an american prison for this. Even if they do there are plenty to take their place.

who's freedom exactly were they fighting for???

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    who's freedom exactly were they fighting for???
    The freedom to be assholes of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

The freedom to be assholes of course.

So what's your personal 'thing' against these guys then? Because it's fairly obvious you have something against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

To people like you and the establishment they may be criminals. To others they are freedom fighters.
    How the hell are they freedom fighters?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

US Judges won't see it that way. I can assure you of that unfortunately. Real Security experts don't go around breaking into systems and causing havoc. I would not classify these "hacks" as real skill either. If they are so confident in their programming ability, they could have just hacked legally on projects and uploaded to the web. Real Hackers don't do this kind of crap. It's not advanced enough. If they are so great, why didn't they hack the Linux kernel or develop an advanced Computer Algorithm Instead? This is not genuine talent I am afraid. They even got caught!

I've read a number of your posts on this subject and can I just say you are a grade A ignoramus. Being ignorant isn't offensive per se, some people are just too lazy to educate themselves, but it always baffles me as to why one would post, repeatedly, on a subject on which you clearly have no knowledge. For starters what they were engaged in was technically cracking not hacking, and the purpose of such cracks, as widely publicized by lulzsec was to illustrate the abysmal level of security used by corporations to protect the general public's private data. As such, nothing more than trivial cracks were required to expose the companies' incompetence (or perhaps more accurately criminal negligence). This does not mean that trivial cracks were all lulzsec were capable of. As for O'Cearbhail's hacking (not cracking) skills he has ably demonstrated them by winning medals domestically and representing Ireland in international programming olympiad's. So he had no need to hack the linux kernel or upload his own algorithms to demonstrate his hacking prowess and doing so would not have achieved the stated goal of his cracking activities. So whether or not YOU would consider these hacks indicative of 'real skill' or not is completely irrelevant unless of course you have won medals domestically or represented Ireland at international Olympiads?? Thought not, guess you just like the sound of your own voice, even when what you are spouting makes you sound like a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

dvpower wrote: »
    How the hell are they freedom fighters?:eek:

Cos when them and others like them give up, the powers the be that want to control everything you see hear read and consume online will wet themselves with girlish glee.

Worldwide acta and Sopa acts use piracy as a smokescreen, piracy can not be stopped, ever. This is and always has been about control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Usjes wrote: »
    I've read a number of your posts on this subject and can I just say you are a grade A ignoramus. Being ignorant isn't offensive per se, some people are just too lazy to educate themselves, but it always baffles me as to why one would post, repeatedly, on a subject on which you clearly have no knowledge. For starters what they were engaged in was technically cracking not hacking, and the purpose of such cracks, as widely publicized by lulzsec was to illustrate the abysmal level of security used by corporations to protect the general public's private data. As such, nothing more than trivial cracks were required to expose the companies' incompetence (or perhaps more accurately criminal negligence). This does not mean that trivial cracks were all lulzsec were capable of. As for O'Cearbhail's hacking (not cracking) skills he has ably demonstrated them by winning medals domestically and representing Ireland in international programming olympiad's. So he had no need to hack the linux kernel or upload his own algorithms to demonstrate his hacking prowess and doing so would not have achieved the stated goal of his cracking activities. So whether or not YOU would consider these hacks indicative of 'real skill' or not is completely irrelevant unless of course you have won medals domestically or represented Ireland at international Olympiads?? Though not, guess you just like the sound of your own voice, even when what you are spouting makes you sound like a moron.

I would bet all that I own you have never seen a naked women without an annoying popup from Livejasmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

looks like they finally found wally

I've read a number of your posts on this subject and can I just say you are a grade A ignoramus. Being ignorant isn't offensive per se, some people are just too lazy to educate themselves, but it always baffles me as to why one would post, repeatedly, on a subject on which you clearly have no knowledge. For starters what they were engaged in was technically cracking not hacking, and the purpose of such cracks, as widely publicized by lulzsec was to illustrate the abysmal level of security used by corporations to protect the general public's private data. As such, nothing more than trivial cracks were required to expose the companies' incompetence (or perhaps more accurately criminal negligence). This does not mean that trivial cracks were all lulzsec were capable of. As for O'Cearbhail's hacking (not cracking) skills he has ably demonstrated them by winning medals domestically and representing Ireland in international programming olympiad's. So he had no need to hack the linux kernel or upload his own algorithms to demonstrate his hacking prowess and doing so would not have achieved the stated goal of his cracking activities. So whether or not YOU would consider these hacks indicative of 'real skill' or not is completely irrelevant unless of course you have won medals domestically or represented Ireland at international Olympiads?? Thought not, guess you just like the sound of your own voice, even when what you are spouting makes you sound like a moron.

Please use paragraphs, this wall of text is very hard to read. You cannot justify these actions really. Just because I leave my house open, it does not give you the right to break into it and cause untold damage. This "cracking" generally amounts to little more than running scripts and scanning for exploits which have usually been published by another body.

If Sony was really acting so recklessly(no doubt about this) these guys should have gone through the legal channels and mounted a case...legally. Your whole argument boils down to "sony was acting illegal", lets crack their systems. It's ethically wrong to steal and cause criminal damage. No question. The people that gave their details to Sony did so willfully. It would be a different matter if this was with the Federal Government.

Cos when them and others like them give up, the powers the be that want to control everything you see hear read and consume online will wet themselves with girlish glee.

Worldwide acta and Sopa acts use piracy as a smokescreen, piracy can not be stopped, ever. This is and always has been about control.
    Now now, what were you told about taking your tinfoil hat off?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

They're right about everything except the implication that the actions of Anonymous are stemming the tide. Bluemetrix, Comscore Beaconmore, Google Chrome and Google Analytics are tracking my actions on this page right now, as we speak, another 4 companies have their eyes on me in my other open tab and according to Irish law an ISP can be forced to attempt to block me from accessing either. On top of that we've just signed ACTA which means in future not only might I be blocked from some content (provided I don't put any effort into my browsing) but action may be taken against me personally for accessing what they can't block. The US has managed to wrangle the right to not only seize domains in or of their own country, but also anything .com, .gov, etc. I could go on all day about how little privacy, security, and choice the average internet user has but I figure you should probably look into it yourself.

'Anonymous' inform people of this, take protest like action against it, and take actual, productive action to aid people who are seriously being hindered by blocks and censorship. This is why they are some peoples 'freedom fighters'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

So this organisation is really an altruistic one and they hack for the public good, bollox, they hack and crack because they find it fun and think themselves invincible, they think they are invisible and they wont get caught, but they did, so they are not even that good at it, besides the FBI and the police are smarter. No matter what you say they are a nuisance they have cost businesses and the tax payers a fortune, so that is not really doing a public service.

The Americans are growing increasingly intolerant to them and if you think this is a victimless crime, it is not, I will not bank on my phone because I know it is not safe, and computer protection costs me 100 a year...So thank fukcen hackers or crackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

“Go back to bed, America Ireland, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators The Voice of Ireland. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed....you are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Freedom fighters with a small 'f'.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

44leto wrote: »
    So this organisation is really an altruistic one and they hack for the public good, bollox, they hack and crack because they find it fun and think themselves invincible, they think they are invisible and they wont get caught, but they did, so they are not even that good at it, besides the FBI and the police are smarter.

Even the best hackers get caught eventually.
    The FBI may find it harder to track down a lone wolf, who isn't looking for acclaim from a internet community, operating under the anonymous moniker, but they too will eventually be caught.

Personally I feel sorry for the families of these guys. I'd argue the knowledge of the stress their families will now be under is punishment enough for the individuals involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement