Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creep feed offer

• 06-03-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

For all ye lads creep feeding lambs, bulls or calves...

Redmills are doing an offer at the moment, one bag free with every 10 purchased.

I am in no way associated with them, just thought I'd keep ye in the loop! :D

Muckit ;)

banner_pedigreepromo2012.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Muckit wrote: »
    For all ye lads creep feeding lambs, bulls or calves...

Redmills are doing an offer at the moment, one bag free with every 10 purchased.

I am in no way associated with them, just thought I'd keep ye in the loop! :D

Muckit ;)

banner_pedigreepromo2012.gif

What sort of prices are they muckit?

McCorry's are offering Kiernan/Stewarts Calf to Beef (18%) feed at €250 per ton delivered. That's €6.25 per bag. I thought it was very reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Im giving €10.50 for a 25kg calf crunch made by corby rock.

Is that by the bag reilig or loose?

Do Kiernans in Granard sell to the public from there mill?
    reilig wrote: »

McCorry's are offering Kiernan/Stewarts Calf to Beef (18%) feed at €250 per ton delivered. That's €6.25 per bag. I thought it was very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Its by the bag.

Don't know if Kiernans sell to the public.

Calf crunch would be more expensive than calf to beef as it contains more types of grains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I can only talk about the Pedigree 3 bull/calf crunch. I'm getting it (before offer) at €10 a bag. It's 17% protein, not sure about energy. I'd rate it as a good ration. It would probably want to be at the price!! :D

I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just if lads were using it already, wanted to make ye aware of the offer so it's passed onto ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

That's savage value considering that's in small bags :eek:

Where are they based in Reilig leitrim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭fatoftheland

yes they do give them a ring and see whats in it sounds cheap in comparison see if the spec is similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Anybody buy in bulk from Kerry I hear they are doing a mix around one third , barley, maize and soya hulls with a little molasses in it I am woundering about the price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Muckit wrote: »
    I can only talk about the Pedigree 3 bull/calf crunch. I'm getting it (before offer) at €10 a bag. It's 17% protein, not sure about energy. I'd rate it as a good ration. It would probably want to be at the price!! :D

I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just if lads were using it already, wanted to make ye aware of the offer so it's passed onto ya!

if that's 10e for a 25kg bag, no wonder they're able to give 10% free at 400e per ton:(.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

€7.50 25kg bag for Ewe & Lamb ration here, and that's if it's bought by the ton, otherwise €7.75 a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Arrabawn/ dan o connor feeds have similar offers, feed sales must be down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

johngalway wrote: »
    €7.50 25kg bag for Ewe & Lamb ration here, and that's if it's bought by the ton, otherwise €7.75 a bag.

Is that for 19% protein.

yessam wrote: »
    Is that for 19% protein.

Off the top of my head I can't say, I'll check a label for you later.

Label says 18%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

johngalway wrote: »
    Label says 18%.

And, as the man says, "paper never refuses ink":eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

we are very quite loading out bulk feed at moment doc stewarts roches seem busy but kerry dairygold quite only movement is mazie and soya bean meal o well its early yet......icon7.gif

Advertisement