Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honesty alive and well?

• 06-03-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

lost my phone on sat night in dublin long story involved alot of drinking and not too much thinking:)

but good news was handed into the pub - was it good luck or the fact its a [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] phone:) an old nokia one friends have been trying to get me to get an i phone for ages ...

are people still honest or was i just lucky that my phone just wasnt worth taking:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Obviously there were no decent naked photos on it... so it was worthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

lainey_ie wrote: »
    lost my phone on sat night in dublin long story involved alot of drinking and not too much thinking:)

but good news was handed into the pub - was it good luck or the fact its a cr@p phone:) an old nokia one friends have been trying to get me to get an i phone for ages ...

are people still honest or was i just lucky that my phone just wasnt worth taking:)

If I found it I would have smashed it up, but that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That depends.

If it was an iPhone where's probably a 90% chance you're never seeing it again.

An old fan, it's probably being handed in.

But a Nokia 3210. 100% you're never seeing it again. Who the hell isn't gonna keep that?

Original snake FTW!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Did you lose your shift key too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lastlaugh wrote: »
    If I found it I would have smashed it up, but that's just me.

It's a Nokia, you probably would have come off worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

A Nokia 3210? The sense of dissapointment when I realised it had slimed its way back into my life would have been heart breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I found a wallet with all the cards in it, rang the bank with their name, the bank told me they'd ring me back. Then the guy rings me, the bank had given him MY number. He lived nearby, so I went out and met him, only 2hours after his wallet had gone missing, and I barely got a thank you, he seemed more put out by the fact that he had to come get his wallet, as if it was my fault. Weirdo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I lost my phone on the bus one time. My friend got a call by some girl saying that she had it so he called me and I went over to her house and got it. Gave her 20 quid cause she was very decent for going to to the trouble. The second time I lost my phone a very similar thing happened. They were both ****e phones but it would have been a pain getting contacts back etc. the third time I lost my phone I didn't get it back. That was an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lainey_ie

emzolita wrote: »
    I found a wallet with all the cards in it, rang the bank with their name, the bank told me they'd ring me back. Then the guy rings me, the bank had given him MY number. He lived nearby, so I went out and met him, only 2hours after his wallet had gone missing, and I barely got a thank you, he seemed more put out by the fact that he had to come get his wallet, as if it was my fault. Weirdo!

ah that was seriously nice saved him the hassle of cancelling them some people just have no manners:)

i also lost my wallet...its not a pattern i swear and it was handed into a hair salon on camden street so brought them in a box of chocolates dunno who was more morto me or them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i lost a samsung gt5600 last july.... then i got it back in november... my dad got a text then he rang them back and gave them the address and 2 days later it arrived in the post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you started this thread to let us know you 'may' get an iphone didnt you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

My brother lost his iPhone on a night out in Dublin and some really decent guy rang my phone and arranged to meet to give it back .
    I was seriously surprised that he got it back. Some genuinely nice people out there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I would have put it inside a sock and whacked it off someone's head and tried to frame you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lainey_ie

you started this thread to let us know you 'may' get an iphone didnt you[/QUOT

had been thinking about getting an i phone but after losing my [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] phone and it being handed back in i can cope with the ancient phone for a bit longer:)

my point was that i doubt if i had an i phone it would have been handed back:)but luckily with an anceint phone it brings the honestly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I have an iPhone! I once lost my jacket with my iPhone in it. I always keep my iPhone, wallet, keys etc in my jacket but thank God this time I still had my wallet and keys with me and it was just my iPhone which was gone!

Anyway, the dude who had my iPhone rang me and told me to meet him 10 minutes later.

When I met him, he beat me up and took my wallet and keys!

I've seince gotten a new iPhone.

Did I mention I have an iPhone?
    Disclaimer: Story may not have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Original snake FTW!!

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh orginal snake rocked- then they ruined it:(

i remember in 1st year our sub got highest score possible in orginal snake- he had basically made the snake swirl and take over whole box. He never played it again and showed the last shot to everyone(back when it could be saved as a last game)

He said it had taken him months, At the time we thought it was the cooest thing ever- now i reliase he was prob a loser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You should definitely get an iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I would have put it inside a sock and whacked it off someone's head and tried to frame you for it.

You criminal mastermind!

Advertisement