Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hook or By Crook

Options
  • 06-03-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed this is sold out. When did it go on sale? How did I miss that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

I saw that at the start of the week too. Bit late now!!
    There is another release Sunday 11th March at 8am!

I think it's pretty ridiculous the way some of these races are opening and been sold out without even a word of mention on the TI homepage. The same happened with Valentia. Didn't even know it was opening... All gone!! And its National Champs yet TI don't even announce the date entries are opening. I think its a bit ridiculous at times.
    Same with Hell of the West. Unless you check Limerick site regularly or are on boards you wouldn't even know its opened yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

DaveR1 wrote: »

I think it's pretty ridiculous the way some of these races are opening and been sold out without even a word of mention on the TI homepage. The same happened with Valentia. Didn't even know it was opening... All gone!! And its National Champs yet TI don't even announce the date entries are opening. I think its a bit ridiculous at times.
    Same with Hell of the West. Unless you check Limerick site regularly or are on boards you wouldn't even know its opened yet!

Cheers DaveR1. Seems that it opened on Wednesday of last week. All eyes were on HOTW I reckon. It is completely ridiculous that these things are opening and selling out without any notification. Almost as ridiculous as 8am on a Sunday morning is! Usually these things are announced on our club page by some eagle eyed member, Valentia and HOTW were spotted, but it seems nobody noticed this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Cheers DaveR1. Seems that it opened on Wednesday of last week. All eyes were on HOTW I reckon. It is completely ridiculous that these things are opening and selling out without any notification. Almost as ridiculous as 8am on a Sunday morning is! Usually these things are announced on our club page by some eagle eyed member, Valentia and HOTW were spotted, but it seems nobody noticed this one.

To be fair to the club secretary the amount of emails the clubs receive from organisers asking for their race/event details to be passed on to members it would almost be a full time job to keep on top of them all.

Someone from TI was saying that this time last year I think TI had around 2500 members (can't remember exactly) this year they're at nearly 5000 already. Some of that is down to people renewing quicker but they were reckoning on 6000 members this year. That's a huge amount of growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Almost as ridiculous as 8am on a Sunday morning is!

Perhaps thats the only time someone in Triathlon Ireland can switch on the event in the system this sunday, I doubt they have it working off the server clock in there but I agree that is a ridiculous time to have it. Guys like me will be still asleep and guys like you will be on their Sunday morning bike ride

To be fair to the club secretary the amount of emails the clubs receive from organisers asking for their race/event details to be passed on to members it would almost be a full time job to keep on top of them all.

I think this is the point.... There should be no owness on club secretaries to tell each member of the club.
    If TI do it on their website thats every single member (all 6000!!!) of them notified in just one post.
    I don't expect my club to tell me about races but I do expect TI to tell me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

oh..... *backs out, disappointed...*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

oh..... *backs out, disappointed...*

Lol, saw you browsing the forum and thought you would be. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I've been told that the next batch of entries will go on sale tomorrow and not Sunday despite what it says on the website. I could be wrong but keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Agreed TI should be advertising these.

Ah Dave Valentia was the same last year but I don't think you were in it so may not realise.

Lucky for you there's 1 more release!
    Sunday 8am 25th March, see you in Valentia so! (and Limerick beforehand..)

Regarding other races, we're lucky enough to have a thread on our site tracking these. I'll copy it in now for others...

Fazz wrote: »
    Ah Dave Valentia was the same last year but I don't think you were in it so may not realise.
    Lucky for you there's 1 more release!
    Sunday 8am 25th March, see you in Valentia so! (and Limerick beforehand..)

As it turns out now I'm not going to make Valentia anyway!! So just Limerick.
    Fazz wrote: »
    Regarding other races, we're lucky enough to have a thread on our site tracking these. I'll copy it in now for others...

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

Hi Guys

I'm involved with Waterford Tri & on the race committee

Just to clarify the second batch of entries will open this sunday at 8am.

The thinking behind why we picked sunday at 8 was to allow people to enter before they head out for their cycle / run. The other batch was during the week to allow people to enter when in or before work. There's never really a perfect time. The first batch took three days to sell out so it wasn't a hell of the west type stampede anyway :)

The race had been on the TI calendar for a few months prior to opening

If anyone needs any more details on the race I'll do my best to help out with replies

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Hey Vegas Elvis,

How many places are beIng released on Sunday morning?

Cheers,

NT

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

Hey Vegas Elvis,

How many places are beIng released on Sunday morning?

Cheers,

NT

So this is next one up for me. NT did you get an entry in the second batch?

DaveR1, are you also in? Fancy giving me a tow for the swim?? I'll bring a rope anyway just in case!!

Anyone else heading down?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Yep, I'm in alright.

Hoping things go better in Dunmore than they did in Athy.

So this is next one up for me. NT did you get an entry in the second batch?

DaveR1, are you also in? Fancy giving me a tow for the swim?? I'll bring a rope anyway just in case!!

Anyone else heading down?

Ya same as NeedsTraining, hoping to do a bit better in this than Athy!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Ya same as NeedsTraining, hoping to do a bit better in this than Athy!

How did you 2 do in Athy?

This is meant to be a really nice race, looking forward to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Yep, i'm in. Really looking forward to it.
    Heard the run is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

I'm in...............and yea the run is a beast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 haggis_mccloud

I'm in too.
    Looking forward to the beasty run and I hope the swim is short! ;)

• Advertisement

anyone received any info yet, as in e-mail or anything ?

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone received any info yet, as in e-mail or anything ?

Nothing. Don't know what's the norm for his event but there is a race briefing on the website.

Nothing. Don't know what's the norm for his event but there is a race briefing on the website.

ye i just noticed the race briefing. they still haven't put up the waves yet either. No biggie yet i suppose

miller82 wrote: »
    ye i just noticed the race briefing. they still haven't put up the waves yet either. No biggie yet i suppose

Think I read/heard somewhere that it was men under 40 in one wave and all others in the other wave. Would imagine it would be the same this year.

Think I read/heard somewhere that it was men under 40 in one wave and all others in the other wave. Would imagine it would be the same this year.

ah cool. cheers

waves up

http://www.waterford-triathlon.com/

268 in one wave, should be fun

weather not looking great : http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Dunmore_East/

hopefully the sun breaks a little earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Be prepared for a Duathlon.

Dont think the swim will go ahead

A big swell tonight i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Will prob be a rough sea unless it calms in time before 11:30 decision deadline I imagine.

I'm rethinking my spectating capacity!
    Weather not the best for hanging around in it seems.

Will get up early for training and then decide after.

Best of luck to all competing and hope the weather breaks.
    It's a great location and race so may still make it yet.
    Tweet updates may have to be done by others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Sure its only 750m swim... let us at it. Or make it optional. I am chompin at the bit to get into the water and lash it out.

Advertisement