Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumpy creatine

Options
  • 06-03-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

Is lumpy creatine still any use or has it chemically altered? Conflicting info online.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I would say lob it in your nearest bin

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

My limited knowledge is giving me an inkling that when creatine is exposed to moisture (which is causing the lumps), it is converted to inactive creatinine. So while your product is now less effective than it used to be, I don't think it causes any health concerns.

Open to correction, and apologies if I am completely off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

My limited knowledge is giving me an inkling that when creatine is exposed to moisture (which is causing the lumps), it is converted to inactive creatinine. So while your product is now less effective than it used to be, I don't think it causes any health concerns.

Thats what I suspected. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Aaaah balls, I just found a tub I thought I'd lost & it's lumpy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I read something similar about what happens to creatine once was dissolved in water-I think it said 80% of it hasnt been altered to another substance over I think 24 hours later but that continues to drop.
    I was using damp creatine for ages last year as Id have a ''ah itll be grand'' attitude generally-when I got my next tub looking through my log book there was definitely an improvement to the point Id say 5-7g of damp creatine is useless

• Advertisement
Advertisement