Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few quick questions about work visa in Australia

Options
  • 06-03-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have a few questions and hope you can answer them.

I want to leave in the next 6 months should I apply asap as there are only a limited amount of work visas ? Or can I apply when ever

Where should I go in Australia and live ?

And lastly how much do apartments cost to rent ? Just a rough figure

Thanks
    Nathan Doyle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

not just that simple iam afraid.

you need to provide more info about yourself if you want to get help in what visa you can apply for
    experience
    purpose of trip, work or holiday
    and stop opening up threads all over the shop:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

nathancool wrote: »

I want to leave in the next 6 months should I apply asap as there are only a limited amount of work visas ? Or can I apply when ever

Thanks
    Nathan Doyle

If you are talking about WHV then you can apply when ever, takes 12-78hrs to process.

Where to live .... Only you can answer that, we know nothing about you, no interests, no work exp etc, can't answer

Apartments cost in big cities 350 upwards pw, most people rent in a shared apartment to save money. Have a look on domain.com.au and gumtree.com.au

I'll close your other thread, as I've answered it here

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

I wish it was that easy , just jump on a plane .
    Im applying for the skills visa and im doing cart wheels and hand stands :D to get the visa , Im sitting a English test next week which takes a day .
    Wish you all the best with your efforts i know how fustrating it can be . Be pre ready to wait for a skills visa if your applying for that .

Teepee .

Thanks
    Nathan Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nathancool

Thanks everyone ..One more question If I apply for a work holiday visa does the year start as soon as I get it or when I enter Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 natter85

Thanks everyone ..One more question If I apply for a work holiday visa does the year start as soon as I get it or when I enter Australia.

It starts when you first enter Australia but has to be used within 12 months of it being granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

Thanks
    Nathan Doyle

Hi Nathan

Just stumbled upon your thread. I just got my visa granted on Wednesday through immi.gov.au it took 15 mins max to apply, and was granted within 30 mins! Amazing! It was €217.00 / $270AUD. I'm 24, Irish, lived in the UK for 2 years with a diploma level education, nothing special!
    I shopped around a bit first and from advice from friends who have done it they advised the direct route is best and cheapest as most agents offer bank accounts and sim cards which you can do yourself easily and for free anyway whereas the agents charge you an additional admin fee!
    Hope this helps, best of luck.
    Fiona

Advertisement