Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE CERTIFICATION

Options
  • 06-03-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Could someone please advise on the following if they have come across similar..

We just received an email from the Department of Environment to say that the product we are importing (Cosmetic) must be tested by an Irish laboratory and we must not sell this into the Irish market until it is tested/certified. I explained that our manufacturer had the product tested by a European laboratory and that it carries a CE certification. They said either way it needs to be tested at a cost of €400 plus an 8 week wait.

I find such red tape frustrating.. Surely if we are in the EU, EU certifications should suffice.

Can this be appealed?

Also, if this is the case here; is it the same case for supplying into the UK and other European countries? I find it difficult to comprehend that every company must have each of their products tested, in each country where they wish to sell.

Thank you
    BB

Advertisement