Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesson plan Bible!

Options
  • 06-03-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Was looking at one of the student election leaflets (albeit with the wonderful spelling!). One of the points was to set up a forum to share lesson plans and ideas. Wouldn't that be a good idea!

What websites do you normally get your lesson ideas from? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Just a question based around this, if there every was a collection of lesson plans put together as a resource on the internet, wouldn't this be advocating plagairism?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It's a really grey area. Many people are inspected based on lesson plans they haven't written themselves, but they pass off as such. I've no problem with it - there's no need to reinvent the wheel each time you're teaching Australia or tallying, but I'm just surprised the college hasn't addressed it. I'm waiting to hear of the day we need to put references in lesson plans (and I hope I'm not giving anybody in the colleges ideas when I say that:pac:).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We attempted it one year. An email address was set up with 3 or 4 "administrators". They'd accept submissions from everyone, divide them into folders for Junior & Senior Infants, 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th Classes. These plans could then be requested by other students and distributed as required.

Unfortunately, one bright spark left a sheet with all the details lying around in Tailteann and the college had to make an official announcement outlawing the practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

One of the candidates mentioned it today, I'd be very surprised if it went ahead judging by the above comments. It would be amazingly convienient though.!

Advertisement