Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statement Question...Need quick answer!!

• 06-03-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello
    Just trying to set up a Bill Pay phone with 3 ireland, they need some kind of prrof of address from me, I live at home so don't have any utility bills in my name so have to send them Bank statement, Need to do this ASAP so could anyone tell me if I could get a statement straight away from AIB if I bring proof of I.D?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

No, it's posted out to you if you request one. Takes three working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I know with other banks it has to go through the post for an official statement, other than that it'd be a run off on non headed paper.

I assume it's the same with AIB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hello
    Just trying to set up a Bill Pay phone with 3 ireland, they need some kind of prrof of address from me, I live at home so don't have any utility bills in my name so have to send them Bank statement, Need to do this ASAP so could anyone tell me if I could get a statement straight away from AIB if I bring proof of I.D?
    thanks
    If you have a credit union account you can go in and get a statement printed immediately. That has proof of address on it and the date which is what you need. They accept credit union statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jamiemaguire

anything else I can do to speed up the process do you think? I have a statement it's just older then 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

if you are with AIB and have internet banking you can access them on the side and print them off from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

They should accept if it's less than 6 months. Anything older than that is usually a no go.

A letter from the revenue / tax office would work.

Bank / Building Society / Credit Card statement
    A recent utility bill (Water, Gas, Electricity, Fixed Line Telephone)
    Mobile Network Operator Bill
    P60 Certificate
    Media supply company bill (Sky, NTL, Chorus)

That is their requirements, Have a credit Union account, that's a good idea, will they except that? just rang them said it was an automated message and they do not require anything as of yet so here's to hoping they don't!

grizzcol2 wrote: »
    if you are with AIB and have internet banking you can access them on the side and print them off from there?

Cant remember my log in, generally don't bank with AIB I use ulster but going to use AIB account for DD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Bank / Building Society / Credit Card statement
    A recent utility bill (Water, Gas, Electricity, Fixed Line Telephone)
    Mobile Network Operator Bill
    P60 Certificate
    Media supply company bill (Sky, NTL, Chorus)

That is their requirements, Have a credit Union account, that's a good idea, will they except that? just rang them said it was an automated message and they do not require anything as of yet so here's to hoping they don't!
    They'll accept credit union. I used to work for them.

Advertisement