Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Sauce for Chicken

Options
  • 06-03-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have some left over spicy chicken and looking for a recipe for a sauce to have with pasta and veg for dinner tonight...

Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

busyliving wrote: »
    Hey all,

I have some left over spicy chicken and looking for a recipe for a sauce to have with pasta and veg for dinner tonight...

Cheers:D

If you have Passata in the cupboard? If not some tomato paste and tomatoes?

Finely chop some onions and garlic (if you like), fry off in a little butter, add passata, tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree or a combination of all preferably, if yu have a couple of oxo stock cubes throw em in and if you have some dried oregano or dried Basil, a little bit of water to soften the sauce and hey presto, you have a lovely tomato based sauce for your chicken and pasta.

Call it Chicken a al Vicwatson Bologneso !!!!!

Enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

vicwatson wrote: »
    If you have Passata in the cupboard? If not some tomato paste and tomatoes?

Finely chop some onions and garlic (if you like), fry off in a little butter, add passata, tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree or a combination of all preferably, if yu have a couple of oxo stock cubes throw em in and if you have some dried oregano or dried Basil, a little bit of water to soften the sauce and hey presto, you have a lovely tomato based sauce for your chicken and pasta.

Call it Chicken a al Vicwatson Bologneso !!!!!

Enjoy !

Sounds good Vic, That is exactly what I would do, but if I was feeling completely mad, I'd add some chorizo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...and possibly a pinch of salt, and pinch of sugar to to take the edge off the tomato acidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Des wrote: »
    ...and possibly a pinch of salt, and pinch of sugar to to take the edge off the tomato acidity.

Plenty of salt in the OXO cube !! Think of your heart !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement