Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW main unit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It does tell them what has the low battery but then goes into the log once the system has being armed and disarmed. The only way to find out the low battery at this point is to check the log.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So is this a user log our does it require enginer access.

It requires Engineer access once it goes into the log.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So the user had no way of seeing what battery is low? ?
    A user with full access should be able to view this sort of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭david85

User are not allowed to use quick codes. User must also be set as manager to view log events otherwise just alarm events will occur. Having only briefly Glancing through pages may i suggest if user has tried everything maybe a saab battery problem or have problem be sorted already????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 bswee365

dahamsta wrote: »
    Trial and error worked for me when the abovementioned zone didn't identify itself on the panel, no engineer code required. Just popped out the battery, entered my own code to halt the tamper alarm, installed the new battery and halted the tamper again, and pretty soon the error went away and I had my dodgy battery. Shouldn't take long unless you have a very big house. :)

Thanks Dahamsta, the frustrating thing is that I replaced every conceivable battery!

Bad design that the user cant see this.

KoolKid wrote: »
    So the user had no way of seeing what battery is low? ?
    A user with full access should be able to view this sort of information.

Yes they can through the manager menu if it is set up, view engineer log.

Ahh, gotcha.
    I was thinking it wouldn't be right for a user not to be able to access this.

That is only if the manager menu is set up for them.

• Advertisement

Which it should be ...
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

bswee365 wrote: »
    Thanks Dahamsta, the frustrating thing is that I replaced every conceivable battery!
    try this.. open the panel cover.. there will be a small white sticker on the pcb. if the version number is lower than 1.4 it needs a software upgrade. the rf low battery is the fob. you can try removing the battery when you are within range of the panel and see if that clears it but it will only clear it for a matter of time before it will go again. i have upgraded a number of alarms in the past six months due to the keyfobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

For the record, my engineer assumed it was the fob when I told him the error message. I don't have a fob. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

ok open one of your pirs and check the version number there. if its version 1.0 it needs to either have a software upgrade or replaced. the pirs with version 1 are draining the batteries very quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Mine's working fine now, someone else was asking about the fob. My setup was upgraded a couple of weeks ago. Brought a HKC guy with him an' all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kittyboodublin

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'm getting an RF LOW BATT on my HKC alarm, I think a SecureWave.

I've changed batteries on sensors before and I'm pretty sure the panel told me which one it was, how do I track this one down?

Here is the solution, we have a hkc alarm and engineer code access. In engineer mode, Service menu / end tools menu/ rf device status / rf zone status

When in rf device status scan all devices in all menus zones, points, saab, etc. Scan everything just in case not in a zone or something. It only takes a minute.

This scans all devices in real time as no errors in the log menu for low battery. Turned out to be the external saab not a keyfob as some here would suggest. Took us all of 5 minutes to do and replacing the battery is simple now I know which one.

Hope this helps..

Here is the solution, we have a hkc alarm and engineer code access. In engineer mode, Service menu / end tools menu/ rf device status / rf zone status

When in rf device status scan all devices in all menus zones, points, saab, etc. Scan everything just in case not in a zone or something. It only takes a minute.

This scans all devices in real time as no errors in the log menu for low battery. Turned out to be the external saab not a keyfob as some here would suggest. Took us all of 5 minutes to do and replacing the battery is simple now I know which one.

Hope this helps..

Another thing to mention with the external bell is there is now an option to add a second battery pack which will keep the LEDs going for 36 months.
    This I have seen on loads of systems set up with the LEDs on is the main cause for the low battery in the first place. With only one battery pack with LEDs on, it only lasts up to 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Getting Z10 low bat rcv b on my panel, replaced the battery once about 18 months ago, the alarm is 7 years old.
    Is this a low battery in a contact or one of the main batteries.

nudger wrote: »
    Getting Z10 low bat rcv b on my panel, replaced the battery once about 18 months ago, the alarm is 7 years old.
    Is this a low battery in a contact or one of the main batteries.

7 Years old?
    If that's a mistake then it is relating to the device installed on zone 10.

altor wrote: »
    7 Years old?
    If that's a mistake then it is relating to the device installed on zone 10.

Sorry Altor don't know what you mean.

The Alarm is working fine but noticed the low bat on the panel yesterday.
    It is 7 years old, wireless, monitored (eircom landline), never serviced, I replaced a 123a battery in a strobe once and a 12v main battery 18 months ago.
    There are 2 box's with leds and circle aerials, don't know if that helps any?

• Advertisement

Sorry Altor don't know what you mean.

The Alarm is working fine but noticed the low bat on the panel yesterday.
    It is 7 years old, wireless, monitored (eircom landline), never serviced, I replaced a 123a battery in a strobe once and a 12v main battery 18 months ago.
    There are 2 box's with leds and circle aerials, don't know if that helps any?

Sounds like you have a Securewatch with a quick bridge for the wire free. You may need a meter to check for the low batteries in devices you have installed as a number of devices can be learned onto a zone on the quick bridge. If I was you I would just see what devices you have installed and replace all the batteries. If they are 7 years old you have done well out of them.

altor wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a Securewatch with a quick bridge for the wire free. You may need a meter to check for the low batteries in devices you have installed as a number of devices can be learned onto a zone on the quick bridge. If I was you I would just see what devices you have installed and replace all the batteries. If they are 7 years old you have done well out of them.

Thanks Altor, could you recommend a shop for good price batteries,
    Don't like the online stores but If you think that is the way to go fair enough.
    I'd want about 20.
    Thanks.

Thanks Altor, could you recommend a shop for good price batteries,
    Don't like the online stores but If you think that is the way to go fair enough.
    I'd want about 20.
    Thanks.

REW in Ballymount is where I get most of my batteries. Just take out one or two of the different types and bring them with you.
    Here is the link to the suppliers list in case there is someone more local.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Have a securewave system in 18 months & am getting the ' RF Low batt' notice....'call engineer'.

Thanks to your help & advice, using the engineers code I've narrowed it down to the external wireless SABB sounder box on the garage. Ive opened it up changed all the batteries for fresh ones ( x 6) ...which clears the fault for about a day then I'm back getting the same error message & low battery for the same sounder again ( Checked via the engineers menu). Any advice appreciated as its getting a bit frustrating at this stage...am I missing something?

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Have a securewave system in 18 months & am getting the ' RF Low batt' notice....'call engineer'.

Thanks to your help & advice, using the engineers code I've narrowed it down to the external wireless SABB sounder box on the garage. Ive opened it up changed all the batteries for fresh ones ( x 6) ...which clears the fault for about a day then I'm back getting the same error message & low battery for the same sounder again ( Checked via the engineers menu). Any advice appreciated as its getting a bit frustrating at this stage...am I missing something?

Are you sure its the external bell.
    Have you a wire free internal sounder on the system?

Fair point, have checked the installation docs & was here when it was put in - there are only 2 RF devices - the external sounder & door contact. Also have a few wireless smoke alarms on the system too though - dont know how to check their power levels

Engineers menu option to check RF devices seemed clear that it was indeed the box where i changed the batterys , its the 24hr delay before it goes back into fault ( has happened twice)that has me

Fair point, have checked the installation docs & was here when it was put in - there are only 2 RF devices - the external sounder & door contact. Also have a few wireless smoke alarms on the system too though - dont know how to check their power levels

Engineers menu option to check RF devices seemed clear that it was indeed the box where i changed the batterys , its the 24hr delay before it goes back into fault ( has happened twice)that has me

If you go into the system log and scroll till you see the RF low battery then press 0 it will tell you which one is giving the low battery signal. Have you got the leds enabled on the external bell?

Perfect, so went through that & it says the the low battery is on SABB1

There is a small white LED turned on at the bottom, not bright at all, went to RF devices menu & set StatLeds to OFF ( there were 3 options : ALT, ON & OFF). Still in low battery. Might have a go at taking the sounder down, cleaning it off, check batterys are OK, no dirt on contacts etc.. & remounting

Perfect, so went through that & it says the the low battery is on SABB1

There is a small white LED turned on at the bottom, not bright at all, went to RF devices menu & set StatLeds to OFF ( there were 3 options : ALT, ON & OFF). Still in low battery. Might have a go at taking the sounder down, cleaning it off, check batterys are OK, no dirt on contacts etc.. & remounting

They are the LED batteries. If turning this off did not solve the issue then it is the batteries for the External bell itself. You will need to check these batteries plus check the cable from the battery pack to the bell itself. Have you a second battery pack installed for the led to blink outside?

• Advertisement

Took the SABB down, cleaned it out, checked the contact, moved the batteries around etc....... It gave still gave the low battery message; went out for while & when I came back the low battery message was gone. Will give it 24 hours as it do this before twice. update to follow

Advertisement