Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those that have read the books & seen the latest trailer

• 06-03-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

For those that have read the books & seen the latest trailer
    who are the guys fighting in the sunny castle place - I've read the books but can't place who they are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

one lot is the Quartheen, the other is a fight in Kings Landing i think but I cant remember the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I assumed they were the Unsullied...

No, the Unsullied are supposed to be bald and they dont show up til Meereen in the next book

You mean up on the battlements? One is Sandor Clegane (see his shield and helm), I don't know who the other is, I assume it's some poor sod Joffrey pitted against the Hound for his amusement.

yeah I thought that was the Houndalright, but I dont remember any actual Fights prior to the Blackwater
    edit
    could be the Riot in Kings landing where Lollys got raped and the Septon was torn to shreds, I dont remember there being armoured knights fighting back in the book but it probably makes for better television than the hound slicing and dicing his way through angry pesants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    could be the Riot in Kings landing where Lollys got raped and the Septon was torn to shreds, I dont remember there being armoured knights fighting back in the book but it probably makes for better television than the hound slicing and dicing his way through angry pesants
    It doesn't really look like the Riot though, all the people watching the fight just seem to be standing around watching it, if it was the riot you wouldn't think that they'd have them just standing around. I wish I had my copy of the second book on hand, but am I imagining it or was there a fight between the Hound and the Mountain at one stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Shown last season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Sleepy wrote: »
    Shown last season ;)

Ah right, at least I wasn't imagining things!

I read the books all together in such a short space of time that I'm getting confused with what's what! Rereading book 1 at the moment and I'm amazed at the amount of things that I'd forgotten about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Yeah it looks like a fight between 2 knights with people watching it

Didn't realise it was the hound, though originally it might have been the first time you see
    Brienne

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

madrab wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like a fight between 2 knights with people watching it

Didn't realise it was the hound, though originally it might have been the first time you see
    Brienne

The first time you see her in the books anyhow is
    in the tourney in Renley's camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

5starpool wrote: »
    The first time you see her in the books anyhow is
    in the tourney in Renley's camp.

Thats right, but we have seen that scene in previous trailers.

Advertisement