Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was i done.....

Options
  • 06-03-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

can someone tell me this when you get home heating oil delivered how do you know the guy hasn't done you when you have no way of measureing the amount he just poured into your empty tank:eek:
    the reason i ask i got 250 euro worth today and honest to god he was no more than 20 seconds here.maybe i'm been paranoid but it was like money disappearing down a big hole in jig time :mad:
    is there a button on his lorry that give you the amount you paid for.
    like does any customer ever check it out i doubt it very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

can someone tell me this when you get home heating oil delivered how do you know the guy hasn't done you when you have no way of measureing the amount he just poured into your empty tank:eek:
    the reason i ask i got 250 euro worth today and honest to god he was no more than 20 seconds here.maybe i'm been paranoid but it was like money disappearing down a big hole in jig time :mad:
    is there a button on his lorry that give you the amount you paid for.
    like does any customer ever check it out i doubt it very much.

Well if the tank is empty you could use a dipstick. His truck should be capable of showing how much fuel he dispensed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

MugMugs wrote: »
    Well if the tank is empty you could use a dipstick. His truck should be capable of showing how much fuel he dispensed.

If I had a dip stick;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

open your tank... use the handle of a brush or mop to see how much oil is in the tank, i assume €250 is about 270 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

If I had a dip stick;)

You are a dipstick!!!

Couldnt resist Rodney..

macadam wrote: »
    You are a dipstick!!!

Couldnt resist Rodney..
    :D:Dtrue true BUT 250 smackaroos at this moment is like a million quid and to see it disappear in a nano second is soul destroying:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

My oil delivery man gives me a 'before & after' printout of the delivery.If i am there when the delivery is been made he also go's out of his way to show me the dials and re-sets them in front of me before he starts pumping his juice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Bear in mind, them hoses dispense the oil/kero at something like 10 litres a second. I thought the same too, but had a look at the truck's counter when he delivered the last time and was checking the rate at which the oil was coming out too. It's savage.

oh yeah got the receipt ok with the amound delievered and everything seems spot on . but wouldn't you think they would take there time and not be in such a rush .
    let the juice pour slow ffs let me hold on to my 250 euro for just a few more minutes.
    anyway thanks all for the replys i was just having a moan.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

anyway thanks all for the replys i was just having a moan.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

nothing new there fsl:D:

granda wrote: »
    anyway thanks all for the replys i was just having a moan.:rolleyes:

nothing new there fsl:D:[/QUOTE]
    lots of comedians on this thread:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andybertson

My oil delivery man gives me a 'before & after' printout of the delivery.If i am there when the delivery is been made he also go's out of his way to show me the dials and re-sets them in front of me before he starts pumping his juice ;)

off topic a bit, are we not talking about oil and not some fella pumping "his juice" on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

off topic a bit, are we not talking about oil and not some fella pumping "his juice" on you?
    Be careful out there Andy & try not to miss the joke when it's going ;)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Most domestic oil tanks are 1000 Litres. Sometimes there's a sticker on the side of the tank indicating capacity. Check level with a brush handle prior to a fill and after. I wouldn't just rely on a usually illegible receipt.;)

Advertisement