Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 player Street Fighter X Tekken co-op mode on Xbox 360 wont be fixed, problem on MS

Options
  • 06-03-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Bad news for people hoping to play the 2 player co-op mode in Street Fighter X Tekken with an in-person friend against others online on the Xbox 360, as Capcom USA vice president, Christian Svensson, recently explained the situation. Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Sorry Svensson, but MK9 says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does it have to be two Gold enabled profiles on the same console for MK9?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah that's a BS excuse. I dunno about MK but left 4 dead was able to have 2 people on one console playing co-op online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And with that, I'm out...

Hopefully Gamestop.ie will give me my money back.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

SFXT on 360

More legit for tournaments it seems:D

No gimmicky characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I preordered this online (fully paid already) but this is the proverbial straw... I just cancelled. Capcom have pissed me of immensely with this. Call me petty if you like, but IF I buy this game, it will be pre-owned so they don't make a cent off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Halo 2 called, it is laughing its ass off.

At least it's not on the disc :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jay5669

There has been an uproar over this, Spend the word and help get this s**t patched

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28974651/Why_is_SFxT_unable_to..?pg=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Cancelled pre-orders by 1,000 irritations! That metaphor was more laboured than I expected...

The constant bad news about this game makes Capcom look really silly. It's a pity, I was quite tempted. Now the two people whose copies I was hoping to try aren't getting the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Can't wait to get this. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Guest accounts.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Guest accounts.

That is all.

I wouldn't even mind having to bring my GT to Sabre's house on a USB key, I just wanted to be able to play this mode, and now it's not there. I'd rather lose arcade mode tbh...

Anyway, Gamestop confirmed cancellation this morning (great customer service there). If Capcom patch this down the road I might pick it up pre-owned then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I wouldn't even mind having to bring my GT to Sabre's house on a USB key, I just wanted to be able to play this mode, and now it's not there. I'd rather lose arcade mode tbh...

Anyway, Gamestop confirmed cancellation this morning (great customer service there). If Capcom patch this down the road I might pick it up pre-owned then.

Similar feeling regarding single player lol. Capcom received a battering last night and I think they will patch it sooner rather than later.

So it's Mass Effect 3 for the weekend!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doesn't change the fact this game plays like a beast, I'm still in.

And tbh- you'd play that mode for 5 minutes, realise how it's done (one guy rushes in, the other holds back and just charges super over and over) and never play it again. It was funny for about 15 minutes at WGC with Tokido playing then I wandered off.

Just to be pedantic, you can play the mode itself just not in a particular fashion.

For me scramble mode is more a problem then not being able to play it with a mix of offline and online.

Doesn't change the fact this game plays like a beast, I'm still in.

And tbh- you'd play that mode for 5 minutes, realise how it's done (one guy rushes in, the other holds back and just charges super over and over) and never play it again. It was funny for about 15 minutes at WGC with Tokido playing then I wandered off.

That's scramble mode rather than the traditional 2v2 (ala Mortal Kombat). This is one thing on top of many other things to be honest. Capcom keep getting away with it, but how long until the newcomers to FGC get sick of it and another "dark age" is brought about. Guess they're making their money while they can.

🤪

Oh, right ted.

Regardless, game's still worth it.

I'm not planning to spend a penny on DLC til they make it worth it to me. I reckon if everyone did that, it'd send the actual right message.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I didn't even know that mode was suppose to exist, so makes little difference to me. Still bad form by Capcom by advertising a feature and then pulling it without a word.

Judging from the lastest comments from Capcom I think it will be patched in and quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

More annoying i find is.the fact you cant filter out teams. Every lobby allows 2 people to team up so you can play 1v2 randomly. I played 2 dudes, 1 was laggy and the other wasnt, pretty annoying. This is even in ranked mode, which is pretty stupid. They should have made a seperate lobby for team matches. They took away some control you had in sf4 lobbies like being able to kick people out ranked lobbies if they lag. It just matches you up automatically now so you have to just keep backing out and trying again if you get matched with 2 brazilians like i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

FFS.

They also took away the win losses in the lobbies :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Can you filter by region at least?

Azza wrote: »
    Can you filter by region at least?

Ye, im not sure if region is Ireland or Europe.

Looks like a japanese dev blog about the whole thing is coming out tomorrow.

That capcom unity thread is so angry, loads of people threatening legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

15815502.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Did any dev blog actually come out? I never found it, assuming they said anything.

And I wish they'd have a 2/1 team filter as well, bush. If only because every time me and a friend come across a player, they quit before the match begins regardless of the connection speed being fine and it's oddly frustrating. Surely the team with 2 players is at a disadvantage any way, but maybe it's bad previous experiences with other tag team's connections.

Lythero wrote: »
    Did any dev blog actually come out? I never found it, assuming they said anything.

And I wish they'd have a 2/1 team filter as well, bush. If only because every time me and a friend come across a player, they quit before the match begins regardless of the connection speed being fine and it's oddly frustrating. Surely the team with 2 players is at a disadvantage any way, but maybe it's bad previous experiences with other tag team's connections.

Blog only talked about sound issues and how they'll try to fix them. Didn't mention Xbox co-op at all.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/03/08/sfxt_dev_blog:_regarding_the_online_sound_and_network_issues

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Blog only talked about sound issues and how they'll try to fix them. Didn't mention Xbox co-op at all.

z8cxN.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement